Tuesday 12 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 22

Bright Stars

Connor sat with his eyes wide and a huge smile on his face just staring at me. I had just filled him in on what happened yesterday. We were sitting out in the back yard, so we didn't wake anyone up, and so no one heard us. I woke up way earlier than I wanted to, so I thought it would be nice to bring Connor coffee for once.

"Well, say something!" He stared blankly for another minute before finally saying "I'm just so happy for you!" He tapped his coffee cup against mine and give me a little side hug. It was really nice having someone I could talk to like this, especially in a new place.

Jc came outside, causing me and Connor to look at each other worried, not sure what he had heard from inside. Wishbone walked over to me, getting up into my lap. Connor tried to pet him, but as usual Wishbone, he didn't want to be touched. He laid there and let me pet him for a minute, before he got down. It drove the guys crazy that Wishbone actually liked me.

"What are you two doing sitting out in this heat for?" Jc asked finally waking up all the way. "We didn't want to wake you guys up." I said, because I wasn't lying. "So, it had nothing to do what you were talking about?"

I think my face gave it all away, because he quickly said, "I didn't hear anything, don't worry." As he got up and walked back into the house, he said over his shoulder, "I am happy that you and Kian are finally going on a date tonight though".

As I was about to walk out the front door, two hands grabbed onto my shoulders stopping me dead in my tracks. "Boo!" If those hands weren't there, I probably would have hit the floor. I turned around, and smack Kian's arm saying "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Well, I'm happy I didn't. I'd be really upset if we had to cancel our date tonight." He tapped my nose with his finger tip, and then walked into the other room. My smile stayed on my face my whole drive home.

My entire closet was thrown across my bed. I had no idea what to wear. I didn't know what we were doing, so that made it even harder to decide. I took my hair out of the towel as I walked towards the bathroom, plugging in the curling iron as I started to blow dry my hair. I tossed up ideas in my head the entire time I did my hair and make up.

Standing in-front of the pile of clothes, I finally decided on a loose blue dress I had bought the other day while I was out with Connor. I laughed to myself as I put it on, because I remembered him saying "since when do you wear dresses" when I bought it. I guess tonight was a good time to start.

I put on a pair of silver sandals with bows on them, and sat on Twitter waiting for Kian. I saw a few tweets about the videos Kian had posted the other day, and tweeted them back thanking them for their kind words. They instantly replied, with gibberish I couldn't understand.

I saw Kian had tweeted earlier "looking forward to what my Monday night holds". Jc replied with "thank the heavens above you are FINALLY leaving the house". I laughed, because I knew exactly what he meant. Trevor had texted me earlier in the day saying Kian was driving them all nuts, talking about me. Which I found cute.

I tweeted "tonight seems like a good enough reason to have a dress on" just as Kian knocked on the door.

"Can I at-least have a hint?" "Nope, and if you don't stop asking, I'm going to change my mind" I had spent most of the car ride asking where we were going, having no luck getting an answer out of Kian.

And looking at my surroundings didn't help because I still didn't know my way around LA. I knew how to get to Starbucks, Taco Bell, Target, the guys' house, and back to my apartment. As I went to try one more time to get Kian to crack, he squeezed my thigh and said "last warning Kenz" with a little smirk on his face.

I was still trying to figure out what I was going to be doing, when Kian parked the car and said "we're here". All I saw was brick buildings, and a few houses. I was completely confused. Kian walked around to my door, holding out his hand to help me out. As we started to walk down the street, he asked "are your shoes comfortable?" When I nodded, he said "good" and put his arm around my shoulder.

I lost track of time, as we talked about random things, quoting our favorite movies, and bouncing video ideas back and forth. I smiled up at him, and he smiled back, taking his arm from my shoulders and tangling our fingers together.

I looked down and smiled, realizing what he had done. Since his hand is so much bigger, he only intertwined two of our fingers, letting the rest of his hand engulf mine. He squeezed my hand lightly when I looked back up at him, still smiling.

"Okay, close your eyes" Kian said stopping in the middle of a road. I hesitated at first, but then did as he had asked. He walked up behind me, placing his arm around my collar bone to guide me, and the other hand over my eyes. I felt what I thought was a dirt path under my feet, and between my toes. When he stopped again, he said "open" letting go of me, and going back to holding my hand.

I opened my eyes to see the sun setting over LA, with a little picnic set up under a little tree. It was honestly the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. I didn't know what to say besides thank you as Kian guided me over to the blanket.

He reached into the basket, pulling out a mountain dew, giving me a giant smile as he handed it to me. As I was just staring at our view with amazement, he placed a plate of macaroni and cheese in front of me. If Kian ever needed to earn brownie points with me, he knew exactly how to get them.

"Don't worry, I wasn't the one that cooked it". I couldn't help but laugh when he said it, because I knew he was reassuring me, almost reading my mind.

We enjoyed some more small talk as we sat together eating dinner. Just as the sun was almost completely set, Kian asked if I was ready for the rest of our date. "This wasn't it?" I said half excited, and half surprised.

"Nope, I have one more thing planned. Don't move". And with that, he walked over to the tree, grabbing another blanket and two pillows. He put the pillows down behind us, patting the one behind me so I would lay down. He covered us with the blanket as he laid down, and tangled our hand back up.

After laying there in silence for a minute, I moved a little closer to him, leaning my head onto his arm. He lifted his arm, so my head was on his chest, putting his arm around me, pulling me closer. I let him, I like the way I fit under his arm.

We continued to lay there in silence, enjoying just laying there together. I felt him breathe in really deep, so I turned my head to look up at him. He just smiled at me, squeezing me a little bit. I smiled back, and nuzzled back into his chest. I felt like time had slowed down, and we were laying there for hours.

Kian asked if I was ready to go, and I sat up, allowing him to get up. We picked everything up, and walked back towards his car, holding hands, and talking about more random things. I loved being able to do that. We literally talked about everything, and never once felt forced or bored. It was nice.

On the way home, we stopped at the store for some ice cream to share. We had decided on watching a movie at my apartment, basically agreeing that we weren't ready to call it a night.

I fell asleep during the movie, laying in Kian's lap, He had his hand in my curls, playing with my hair. Which was a sure way of putting me to sleep. He woke me up trying to move me so I didn't wake up. He felt bad when he realized it didn't work. "I'm sorry! I tried not to wake you up."

"It's okay Kian, I have to clean my bed off before I can go to bed anyway." He looked at me puzzled. "Don't ask" I said with a little laugh. Before I knew it, he was walking down the hallway, turning my bedroom light on. They second he could see my bed, he started laughing.

When I leaned up against the door frame, kind of embarrassed, he nudged me and said "you could have worn sweatpants, and I still would have loved tonight".

Still laughing at me, Kian helped me get all my clothes from my bed back into the closet. Commenting twice on the fact that he had no idea why I had so many dresses when I never wear them. Without even looking at him I said "well, I guess I have a reason now".

He walked over to me, handing me some more to hang up. As I turned back around, he gently placed his hand on the back of my head, running it down my curls, "I hope so". I could hear the smile as he spoke, which made me blush.

Before leaving, Kian helped me get the left over ice cream in the freezer and my apartment back to normal, since we had thrown blankets and pillows all over the living room floor. As I was walking him to the door, I caught a glimpse at the clock, it was almost 3 in the morning. I said "oh wow" out-loud, and Kian followed my eyes.

He laughed and said "time went by way too fast". He gave me a small kiss on the cheek, and said that he would text me in the morning before walking out the door. Before I could even reach for the lock, I heard him pull out his keys, and lock it from the outside. I smiled to myself as I walked towards my room.

Kian made me feel safe when he wasn't even around.

No comments: