Sunday 17 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 62

BOSS LADY EPISODE 62

Final Decision

I put together a big dinner party for the guys to celebrate their one million subscribers. We invited everyone we could think of, and then YouTube just started inviting people. This was a big deal for them too. O2L was one of a kind, and it was definitely worth celebrating. It was great having everyone together again. We haven't been able to do it since Jc and Connor's party, so it was long over due.

We were just a week away from tour rehearsals, so I was really focusing on tour. These six definitely kept me busy. My phone was either ringing, getting text messages, or in my hands. It was just what I needed. I was still secretly freaking out over everything. I just didn't want to put that back on the guys again. The closer we got to rehearsals, the more excited they got. It not only showed on camera, but off camera too.

For the first time since the day after their one million subscribers dinner, the seven of us went out to eat. We had just gotten back to the house, to record the videos announcing the tour dates. The last few days in the group chat, we were bouncing ideas back and forth. We finally settled for just sit down type videos. We knew they couldn't stay serious in them, so they would still turn out in true O2L fashion.

It took me a few minutes, but I finally got them to all calm down enough to start recording the video. I got the camera all set up, and started recording. I walked into the kitchen to answer some e-mails so there was no chance I could end up in the videos, against their wishes.

One day while I was over, Kian and I were talking about me starting YouTube again, and Jc over heard. Ever since then, they've used every opportunity possible to try and influence me. If I'm around, they'll record in front of me, ask me my opinion on a video, or an edit. Kian has either filmed or edited every single video in front of me this last month.

I started catching up on YouTube videos once I was done with e-mails. Just as I finished watching Jc's new video, they came walking into the room. I could see each of their faces light up. "You guys done?" I asked, taking my earphones out. "Yup. Like the new video?" Jc asked, pointing to my laptop on the way to the fridge. "I liked it! I noticed you took my advice" "Yeah, it was a good choice" he said, winking at me. I knew where this conversation was going.

"Have you put any more thought into YouTube?" Trevor asked, sitting on the counter. I knew it. "Not really. I've just been thinking about if I did do it, what would I even do. With you guys going on tour, I want all attention on you, not me starting YouTube." "So if you were to start, just start once we're home from tour." Jc said from the couch.

"Wait, I just got an idea!" Connor said, pushing Trevor off the counter so he could be in front of me. "What if you vlogged tour, and put it up on your channel? That way, you can get a feel for YouTube, without feeling guilty about taking anything away from us. And, as a manager, I feel like it's a good promotion opportunity." I knew he threw that last part in there to try and make me feel better.

It worked. "That is a really good idea Connor!" "Does that mean you're going to start uploading on your channel?" Kian asked, almost knocking me over running to me. "I know this is a dream come true for you guys, but right now, I'm focused on this tour. Being manager comes first. And it always will. This is my career, taking care of yours."

"Yes Miss Boss Lady" Sam said, saluting me.

No comments: