Sunday 17 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 80

BOSS LADY EPISODE 80

Changes

FINAL EPISODE

Through-out tour, I continued to surprise the guys at random locations, recording the shows and then uploading the videos on my channel. There was some stage footage, but it was mostly meet and greets, us out to dinner, messing around in hotels and on the bus, and backstage.

Everyone seemed to like the off-stage moments the most. And those were our favorite moments, too. Each time I surprised them, Kian would have a pile of letters for me from fans. I always thought it was the sweetest thing.

Once tour was over, it was a weird time for all of us. Emotions were a little strange, and confusing. Kian and I went away with his family, to celebrate July 4th. We thought if we took ourselves away from life at home, we'd feel better. We felt worse. We even cut our week vacation short by three days.

Having the talk with Connor, about him leaving O2L was emotionally exhausting. It was taking a toll on all seven of us. Once the announcement was made that Connor would no longer be posting on O2L, we went through the wave of emotions all over again.

When Connor sat with me, to talk about him leaving O2L, I realized that would mean I would no longer be managing him. By the end of the conversation, he asked me to be his personal assistant. Just someone to help him keep everything straight and to remind him when he needs reminding.

In the middle of Jc, Kian, Ricky, and I getting settled into the new house, I received a call that Kian had the opportunity to read for a role in a movie. I was more than excited to tell him, and the rest of the guys about it.

That night we all got together for dinner at our house. It was our first time together like this since we had moved. We agreed then, that at least once a month, we'd get together like this to celebrate each other. Even the littlest of accomplishments.

Once I finished uploading all the behind-the-scenes from tour, I went back to putting up vlog style videos from my time with the guys. Because I did a lot of driving around LA with meetings and everything, I started recording in the car when I was with other people, and added it in to the vlogs.

I received a lot of positive feedback about my singing. And after months of the guys, especially Kian, begging me to do a cover, I finally did the first week of October.

After that, I started uploading twice a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays; one vlog and one cover every week. Towards the end of the year, I started a "car series" where I posted videos of me singing in the car, some times with other people, and I cut the songs apart and mixed them into one song.

Kian got the role in the movie, and it was so fun reading lines with him and seeing him on set. I went as often as I possibly could. Between managing him, the rest of O2L, and keeping up with everything Connor was doing, I was a busy person.

I was also helping Kian and Jc with something that only got bigger by the day. I'd have to say, these six really knew how to make the most of my job. I was grateful, though. I had amazing clients, and great people helping me in the office.

Over the next two months, things really started changing. There were so many amazing things to celebrate, but there was also something just not right. I sat in the backyard, trying not to cry, while Trevor, Sam, Ricky, Kian, and Jc sat inside and made the final decision to end O2L.

We knew it was coming, but having a definite answer was when it really became real. They decided to finish out the year, and then that would be it.

Kian and I spent time with my parents before Christmas, and then flew home to spend the holiday with his family. We had planned to go home the morning after, but stayed longer so Kian could film his goodbye video for O2L in his old room. An extra day turned into two, and then four.

Every day, he tried to film that video. But every day, he came back in the living room, and just slowly shook his head at me. We would sit on the couch, side by side holding hands, his head on my shoulder in silence.

I knew how much he was hurting. And I felt horrible because there was nothing I could do to make him feel any better. Once he filmed the video, I took the memory card from him, and told him I would edit it for him. He kissed me, but said nothing.

I got the video processed and timed to go up, and then made plans for Kian and I to be out of the house. I didn't want him home once everyone saw his video. His video was the final goodbye, the final video.

No matter what is going on, at the end of the day, the seven of us are closer than ever. We celebrate everything we're doing, big or small. We've never missed a family dinner, or the occasional breakfast. They all love surprising me in the office. I love popping in and surprising them when they're out doing something, always wearing the shirts they bought me with their last names on them.

I know 2017 is going to be a big year for them.


THE END.

No comments: