Sunday 17 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 77

BOSS LADY EPISODE 77

From the Outside

Hey Sam, leaving now. see you soon.
I stopped for donuts and coffee when I left my meeting before heading to Sam's. After talking to Kian, and then being in my own head last night and this morning alone in my apartment, I was worried about Sam. It wasn't like him to call me like that. And he has never asked for my opinion on a video before. I was starting to think this wasn't about a video.

"Hey you" I said when Sam greeted me at my car door with a hug. "It's been a long time since we've seen each other away from the business end of everything" he said, grabbing his drink and donuts from me. "I know. Once tour is over, I can't wait to go back to hanging out with you guys more." "That would be nice!"

After watching his video, I told him how much I liked it. "But you could have emailed this file to me Sam. You've done that before. So why am I really out here? I'm worried about you." I playfully pushed my fist into his cheek. He gave me a small smile before looking back down at his hands.

"Honestly, I'm worried." He finally said, almost in a whisper. "Sammy" I said, grabbing his hands so he would look at me, "please talk to me."

"These last few videos, I've just felt so" he paused, searching for the words, " separated" he finally said after a moment. "Separated from what? The guys?" "The whole thing. The guys, the channel, YouTube, tour."

"Sam honey, your flight leaves in less than a week. If you don't want to go out on this tour, that's something we need to discuss."

He looked at me with wide eyes. "No, I want to do this tour!" That was a relief! I realized then that I had been holding my breath waiting for an answer. "Okay, so then what is going on?" He moved around on the couch so he was facing me.

"I get all this hate. I know it's just going to happen more while we're on tour. I'm the last person people want to see. I swear, they even like your videos more than mine. I'm a member of the channel, and they still like me the least!"

He stood up and walked across the room and leaned against the wall. I didn't know what to say. Then I got an idea. "Sam look" I said, taking my phone out of my purse and getting on twitter. I walked towards him as I tweeted "@Kenzie: just got an early viewing of @Sam's new O2L video. you're gonna L O V E it!"

I showed him the tweet went up. I went to my notifications, and I was already getting tons of positive tweets. There were a few random negative ones, as everyone got those.

"Sam, people love you! I wish you could see that. I wish you didn't see the negative things. Trust me, I ignore more than you think. Don't let it define you." I reached out and hugged him. "You are an amazing person, and I'm so glad I have you in my life."

"Thank you for this Kenzie" he said, pulling away from me, "I needed this." "I'm here no matter what Sammy, you're family" I said rubbing his arm. "The guys are there for you too." "I know. Some times, I just feel like it's easier to talk to you. You're still on the outside." "Lucky me."

"Hey babe, I'm home" I yelled when I opened my front door. When I called Kian to let him know I was staying for dinner, since Levi asked to see me, he said he would just meet me at my apartment. As I took my keys out of the door, I realized my apartment was dark, except a light coming from down the hallway. I put my bags down and shut and locked the door behind me.

No comments: