Saturday 16 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 57

BOSS LADY EPISODE 57

Planes & Plans

I had spent the drive back to my apartment thinking about what Kian's mom said. Was making videos something I wanted to try? I didn't want to take any attention from the guys. And I definitely didn't want any hate for doing videos just because it's what Kian does.

I had never thought about making videos, maybe I want to now because of Kian. If that's why, maybe I should just stick with making them with him sometimes, like we were already doing.

We were flying over Texas when I finally said something about it. "Kian, did you say something to your mom about me making videos?" He paused the movie and looked over at me, "no, why?" "She brought it up this morning, while we were doing the dishes." "And?" he asked, knowing there was more to this. I hesitated for a minute, but then finally asked "What do you think about it?"

Kian looked at me, obviously thinking about his answer. "Well, if it's something you want to give a try, I'm totally supportive. And I am willing to help as much as I can. But if this is because it's something I want to do, that doesn't mean you have to do it. I like that you're my boss lady."

He leaned over kissing my temple. "That's why I'm questioning it. Because I don't know if it's something I want to do, or if it's because it's what you and the guys do."

"Since I'm filming my Christmas videos this week, why don't you do them with me, and we'll go from there. I'll include you in ever step, from set up to editing." "Sounds good to me babe" "I thought it would Kenz." Kian turned the movie back on, and I curled up to him, with a smile on his face.

"I feel spoiled, seeing you two twice in a month!" "I wish we could make this a habit." Kian said, hugging my mom. She was picking us up from the airport. "Sorry it's such a late flight. I didn't realize that when I booked the flight" he said, picking up my bag. "You two are worth staying up for. You have no idea how excited I am to have you here for Christmas!"

The next morning, Kian and I took my parents out for breakfast. "I would have cooked, but Kenzie said it would be a shame if we spent Christmas in the hospital." "She gets her sense of humor from me, sorry about that" my dad said, laughing.

My mom didn't find it as funny though. "Kian, I'm sure you are a wonderful cook." I just looked over at him. He took another bite of his waffle, and then cleared his throat. "Actually I'm really not." We all started laughing.

"So, what are your big plans for today?" my dad asked when we got back to the house. "Doing nothing sounds kind of nice. We've pretty much been traveling for the last three days. I'm drained!" My dad laughed, "something told me you were going to say that. I'm happy you're here though." He kissed the top of my head before walking out of the room.

I heard Kian's phone ringing in the kitchen. Since he was upstairs, I went to check and see who it was. It was Sam, so I answered it.

"Hey Sammy!"
"Oh hey Kenz! How's Florida?"
"Nice and hot."
"I'm sure! Is Kian busy?"
"He's just in the bathroom, I'll have him call you back when he's done."
"No big deal. Connor got a call from Andrew earlier about tour, and we just wanted to try and figure out a time when we could all get on Skype. And since you two are in a different time zone, we figured it would be easier if you two decided when."
"Oh. I wonder why Andrew didn't call me."
"It's not really a management thing, but we don't wanna leave you out, your opinion matters!"
"How's this, I'll talk to Kian, see what we're doing the rest of the day, and I'll text you."
"Sounds good. Love ya sis."
"Love ya too."

Kian came around the corner just as I hung up the phone. "Everything okay?" he asked, kissing my forehead. "Yeah. It was Sam. Andrew called about tour, and they wanted to know when we could get on Skype so we could all talk."

"Oh, why didn't Andrew call you?" Kian asked, getting himself some water out of the fridge "Because it doesn't involve management, but I guess they want my opinion, whatever it is."

No comments: