Tuesday 12 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 23

What a Mess

I really didn't want to get out of bed. I was very content curled up under the covers. I had basically slept all morning, waking up to three texts from Connor.

"Coffee date?"
"Need a morning after coffee?"
"You aren't dead in a ditch somewhere, are you?"

I texted him back, so he didn't think the worst had happened to me.
"No, I am very much alive. I am just too comfortable in my bed to move"
"Uh, you know it's almost noon, right? I think it's about time you got out of bed. You already missed coffee!"
"I have something better! I'll be over in a little bit!" I sent as I got out of bed.

I enjoyed a hot shower, and checked my phone before I picked out my outfit for the day. I had a text from Kian, as well as a few Twitter notifications. The text read "I'm sorry if Connor woke you up! But I look forward to seeing you when you get here!" I sent back "it's fine, he was just pestering me for coffee. you know how he is lol I'll see you in a little bit!"

I opened Twitter, and saw that the notifications came from Kian, Jc, and Connor.
Connor: I can't believe @Kenzie missed our coffee date!!!!
Kian: @Connor @Kenzie I'm sure it was for a good cause
Jc: @Kian @Connor @Kenzie I think that's a little biased
I just laughed tweeting- I missed my very first coffee date with @Connor since moving to LA, and I don't know how to feel about it!

Walking into the guys' house failed, when I found out the front door was locked. I knocked, as I wiped the mountain dew off my shirt. Ricky answered, instantly apologizing when he realized what had happened. "Since when do you guys remember to lock the door?" I asked as I walked inside.

"Since none of us have left the house yet today" he answered, handing me a towel. Connor came around the corner, trying to hide his laughter when he saw what had happened. Jc popped his head out, hearing all the commotion, and Kian made his way downstairs, only to turn back around half way down. He came back down holding a t-shirt, telling me to change so he could clean my shirt.

Connor and I were sitting out on his balcony, talking about how my date went with Kian. "I had no idea he could be such a gentleman" he said as I finished talking. And I laughed when he added "you're making him turn into a crazy person".

We went on to talk about an idea Connor had about new posters. And we decided we would sit some time that week with everyone to make solid plans on making it happen. We went downstairs, to see what everyone wanted to do about dinner.

Ricky was busy editing a video, and Jc was filming one. Kian said we should go get pizza, just me, him, and Connor. It was nice getting out like this. It was the first time we had done this since I got here.

"You know, you two don't have to pretend you hate each other, just because I'm here" Kian and I were sitting across from each other at the restaurant, and I sat in the back seat on the way here. I'm not really sure why, I guess it was because Connor was with us.

But he was right, and I guess Kian agreed. He reached across the table and grabbed my hand, gently holding it and giving me a small smile, which I returned. "Okay, maybe pretend a little bit, I'm still eating" We both starting laughing at him.

----------

The guys had a meeting the next day, so I just stayed home, being a social media butterfly. I caught up on Twitter and Instagram. A replied to some fans, getting some more gibberish in response. I called my mom and gave her a short synopsis of my time with Kian. She sounded almost as happy as I was about it, which really made me happy.

She reminded me that he had always been her favorite. Adding that she couldn't wait to see us in another video together before getting off the phone. I went through the business email, sorting through the fans, and the serious ones. I got laundry done, and cleaned the kitchen.

As I was washing dishes, singing away to Taylor Swift like a complete idiot, a group of grown men's voices joined in on the chorus with me. Which resulted in a shattered plate. I have no idea why I gave them a key to my apartment!

Kian rushed over, making sure I was okay. Jc, Connor, Ricky, and Sam all cleaning up the mess apologizing over and over. I shook my head and started laughing when I had realized what had happened.

We watched a movie, all over them watching mine and Kian's every move. I pulled my phone out and sent him a text message.

"I think we have an audience"
"Yeah, I see that, maybe we should give them a show".

When I knew one of them were watching, I got up, reaching for Kian's hand, pulling him off the couch, and towards the hallway. I winked at Connor as we walked towards my room, shutting the door behind us. We heard a faint "there's no way", which made us laugh.

We stood behind the door for a few minutes, trying to control our laughter so we didn't give ourselves away. I took out my ponytail before we made our way back to the couch, laying back down like nothing had happened. Ricky, Connor, Jc, and Sam just stared at us in silence. "You guys are idiots" Kian said as I laughed at them.

No comments: