Friday 15 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 40

BOSS LADY EPISODE 40

(Surprise Balloons)

My alarm went off much earlier than I was ready for it to. I woke up so early, I didn't even have any notifications on my phone. Luckily, I had a little while before I had to actually get ready to leave the house, so I could lounge around a little bit.

As I was finishing getting all the paperwork I needed for my meeting today, I got the usual text message from Connor, "your house 15 minutes?" "coffee is ready whenever you are". I was already on my second cup by then. I made sure the door was unlocked as I went and jumped in the shower.

Like clock work, as I was just getting done putting my clothes on, and taking my hair out of the towel, there was a knock on my door. "It's open!" I yelled as I went into the bathroom to start on my hair. Connor was used to me doing my hair, while he sat at the kitchen table and we talked across the hallway.

As I popped my head out to let him know the coffee was already done, I wasn't greeted by Connor. Instead, I was greeted by Kian, holding a box of donuts. "What are you doing here?" I yelled, jumping into his arms, and wrapping my legs around him. "I took Connor's spot. I wanted to make sure you had everything you needed for your meeting. And, I wanted to make sure you remembered to eat before you left." he said holding up the box of donuts.

He gently put me down at the kitchen table, and opened up the box of donuts, pouring me another cup of coffee. "Why did you get all chocolate?" "Because I know you would ask me why there wasn't more chocolate if I didn't." And he was right, we've been through that before.

We left together, saying good-bye at our cars. "What time is your meeting over?" he asked as he opened his car door. "I'm really not sure, but probably some time while you're at the studio. Why?" "No reason" he said popping a kiss into the air and getting into his car. I knew he was up to something, or at least trying to be.

When I got home, there was an envelope with my name on it taped to my door. When I opened it, there was a note that said "I'm sorry we couldn't make today work the way I had hoped, but I still hope it will make you smile -Kian". I unlocked my door, and was greeted by at least 20 balloons, a huge bouquet of pink carnations on the coffee table, a giant box of chocolates, and another envelope. I put my things down on my desk, opened the box of chocolates and took one out, and then opened the envelope.

"This last month being able to call you mine has been amazing. Even when we are apart, I still smile knowing I have you in my life. Thank you for all your support and friendship since day one. You've done more for me since the day we met than I can ever thank you for. I know this doesn't beat our night eating s'mores under the stars, but I promise I'll make it up to you. Happy 1 month Lady Woman, I'll see you very soon -K"

If it wasn't for the fact that I was eating chocolate, I probably would have been crying. But I did definitely tear up. I took a picture of my living room, so you you can see the balloons, flowers, and chocolates, and tweeted it with "I am so blessed". I saw that Kian had tweeted a little earlier "what a beautiful month it's been" with a picture of his desk, where he had our picture.

I started going through the replies, seeing everyone wishing us a happy one month. I favorited a few of them before sending Kian a text. "I loved my surprise, thank you so very much! Happy One Month Kian".

I was sitting at my desk filling out paperwork when I got a text back from Kian "Anything for my Lady Woman. I know you haven't yet, so go look at your bed. I'll see you at 10" Without even answering back, I ran to my room.

He had laid out the sweatpants that he has the matching pair to, a big t shirt, and the slippers he had given me yesterday. I was seriously confused. It was only 6, so I went back to doing what I was doing trying to figure out when in the world he had planned.

When 9 o'clock rolled around, I got up to wash my dinner dishes, made sure all the paperwork I had been fumbling with all day was put away, and then I went and got changed. I threw my curls up into a ponytail, and sat on Twitter waiting for Kian to come over. The first tweet I saw was Kian's.

"I am always so full of surprises".

Story Continues...

No comments: