Saturday 16 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 60

BOSS LADY EPISODE 60

True Confessions

We were on our flight back to LA when Kian brought up tour for the first time. I didn't say much, and he noticed. "Is something bothering you babe? You've been pretty quiet the last couple of days, and I'm starting to worry." "Everything's fine, just a lot on my mind, especially since we're going back to reality" I said, faking a smile. "I don't believe that one bit. Really, what's bothering you?"

"As a manager, I should be discussing this with all of you. But as a girlfriend, I really need to talk to my boyfriend about this." "Well, what's his number? I'll call him when we land and set something up." "Very funny!" I said, as I shoved him.

"The other night, when you guys were talking about tour, I was downstairs talking to my mom about it, and I got to thinking. We are all so excited about all of this. This is a big deal, and it's great for you guys now and for your future."

I paused for a moment to look up him, to try and read his expression. "But I finally had a moment to step back and look in from a perspective other than a friend, manager, or girlfriend."

"Well, let's talk about it then. I can tell how much it's bothering you" Kian said, rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand. "I really should wait and talk to everyone together when we get home." "This is really bothering you, and I hate seeing you like this. They'll understand why you told me first." I wasn't really sure what to say. I knew how much this tour meant to him, and I didn't want to upset him. Or scare him either.

"Kian, don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for this tour. But I can't help but worry. What if this doesn't go as planned?" "Oh Kenz, you know we're gonna mess up. We know we are too. We aren't stage performers. We talk to a camera, this is going to be strange for us." "Oh Kian, I wish that's what I meant. I would feel a lot better about this" I said, put my head down, wanting to cry.

"Hey" Kian said, lifting my chin up, "talk to me." "This tour is going to be all over everything. It's going to have high expectations. I'm just so worried" I paused just looking at him. "I'm just so worried that this could ruin everything you guys have worked so hard for."

Kian reached over and took both of my hands in his. "Makenzie, no matter how this tour turns out, you need to promise me that you will not blame yourself if this fails."

"Honestly Kian, I can't promise that. I set this up, I'm continuing to set this all up. I'm encouraging, I'm pushing." I'm fighting tears as I look up into Kian's eyes. "Oh sweet girl, please don't cry" he said, wrapping his arms around me, holding me against his chest. "No matter what happens, you will still have me. And I know you will still have six best friends."

As soon as we landed, Kian called Jc, telling him we were at the airport. I went into the bathroom as soon as we got off the plane. I didn't want to chance meeting anyone while I looked like this. And I think Kian was trying to prevent that too. Not because of how I looked, but because of how I felt. I still wasn't feeling any better about tour, I just felt better that I got to talk about it.

"I missed you" Jc said, pulling me in for a big hug. "Okay, what did Kian tell you?" I asked, prying out of his grasp. "Enough. But we'll talk about it tomorrow. Right now, let's get you guys home. It's late, and I don't want anyone getting cranky on my watch."

He reached up, and messed with my hair before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

No comments: