Saturday 16 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 43

BOSS LADY EPISODE 43

A Final Visitor

I smoothed out my dress, took in a deep breath, and then opened the door. I was speechless from the moment it was open. I was face to face with Kian.

He had on a matching dress shirt, and bow tie. And his smile reached from ear to ear. There was a bouquet of pink carnations in his hands, wrapped in a purple bow. Before I could even try to find something to say, Kian reached out for my hand and kissed it "you look gorgeous Makenzie" he said, looking into my eyes smiling.

Kian went and got a vase for my flowers and put water in it, while I got my purse. He met me at the door, locking it behind us. He walked to my car door, and opened it for me, closing it behind me before running over to the driver's side and climbing in. As soon as he sat down, he handed me his phone. "You're going to need this" he said turning the screen on.

When I looked at it, I saw that he had made a playlist of music labeled "for my Lady Woman". He pressed shuffle, took the phone back, and put it down in his lap. Taylor Swift started playing.

I laughed and asked "and why will I be needing this?" "Well, we're going to be in the car for a little while, and I don't want you to get bored. Plus, you know how much I love seeing you singing and dancing in the car."

"Where are we going that we would need so much music?" "If you keep asking questions, I can't see you singing and dancing" Kian answered, giving the top of my thigh a light squeeze, knowing I would smile instantly. Hearing Taylor Swift in the background of our conversation, I was almost forcing myself not to sing along and dance like an idiot. So, he got his wish.

It had been about an hour, when Kian turned down the music and asked if I was hungry. "Greatly!" I said, and he laughed at me. Since we were all dressed up, I was expecting a nice sit down restaurant. But when Kian parked the car, I soon realized that was not where we were going. I honestly had no idea where we were.

"Uh, Kian, where are we?" "Some where special." As I was getting out of the car, Kian ran around from his side to help me out, and then closed my door. He opened the back door, and pulled out a black bag, and a smaller blue one. I had a puzzled look on my face, and as I was about to ask him what it was, he smiled and said "don't ask any questions" and squeezed my hands.

We were in almost complete darkness, with just the stars and scattered street lights. We walked for only a few minutes, when I realized exactly where we were. "Kian!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Remember where we are now?" he asked, pulling me closer and kissing the side of my head. We both stopped walking as the view of the city was right below us. He had taken me back to where we had our first date.

"I wanted to take you the back way, because I knew you would have figured it out if I took the same way as before." "Well, it worked! This is amazing! You are amazing!" I said, jumping into his arms, smashing my lips into his.

Without letting go of me or my lips, he spun me around in a circle, and then smiled into our kiss. "I will do anything to make you happy, anything at all" Kian said, kissing me on the forehead.

"How's your macaroni and cheese Kenz?" "So good! Did you go to the same place?" I said, taking another bite. "Actually, I made it this time."

I paused with a fork full of macaroni and cheese just as I was about to put it in my mouth. "Kian, you made this?" He looked worried. "Aw, I like it, really I promise I do! I'm just so surprised! I've seen you burn toast!" I said, putting the bite into my mouth.

He let out a small laugh, "I knew this would mean more to you. I've actually been practicing on the guys. Once they approved of it, I decided it was okay to feed you. So, you can thank them for still being alive and eating right now."

----------

"Kian, do you remember facetiming me just because Netflix was down, and you wanted something to watch?!" "That never happened! I just wanted to see what you were doing" "You knew what I was doing! I had just gotten off the phone with you because I was folding laundry" "Yeah, and it was very entertaining!"

We had finished eating, and were laying under the stars just reminiscing on everything we've done together since the day we met. Kian was running his hands through my hair, and I had my head resting on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"I'm sorry you only had the stars tonight." I lifted my head up and looked at him. "Even without the sunset, this is still one of my very favorite moments with you."

No comments: