Sunday 17 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 70

BOSS LADY EPISODE 70

Twenty-Two Days Later

Playlist Live was tomorrow, but we decided to fly in a day early to have dinner with my parents. I'm not really sure who decided that, but it was agreed upon, so I booked the flight. Saturday would be one year since I met O2L. I hadn't mentioned it, and neither had any of them. I just kind of figured they didn't realize it. Or that they were guys, and didn't think of things like that.

I wasn't working it this year, although they did call and ask if I would. I probably would have, but I was "acting manager" for the weekend, so I already had my hands full with my six crazy clients. I was mentally running through the list of things I needed to make sure were handled by tomorrow night when my mom interrupted my train of thought.

"Makenzie, Ricky just told me you aren't going on tour." "No, Andrew will be traveling with them. Seemed like the right thing to do." Kian reached over and squeezed my hand.

My mom looked over at our hands on the table, and gave me a worried look. "We're fine" I mouthed to her and smiled. My dad didn't seem as reassured. "You staying home isn't causing issues with you and Kian is it?" Everyone looked from him to me with their jaws nearly on the floor.

"Daddy, can we not talk about this right now." I said. I could feel my blood boiling. This is not how I wanted this dinner to go. "I think it's something worth talking about. You flew out there for work. I don't want anything to get in the way of that."

Kian got up from the table and walked out of the restaurant. "Thanks" I said, throwing my napkin down on the table and running outside.

I found him sitting next to the car we rented. I silently sat next to him, only wrapping my arm around his and holding his hand. "Kian, listen my dad doesn't" I started to say.

"What? He doesn't understand how his daughter can fly across the country for work, and then get mixed up in a relationship. And that relationship changes how she makes choices for work." "Kian it's not like that and you know it!" I wanted to cry. Our second fight, and it's about me not going on tour, again.

Kian took a deep breath and looked at me. "If we weren't dating, would you be going on this tour?" "Wait, you think I'm not going because we're dating? Don't you think if that was the reason, it would be the other way around?" He looked down at our hands, placing his other hand over mine. "I don't know what to think anymore."

"Kian look at me" I said, pulling his arms towards me, so he had to face me. "Yes, I do make some choices based on the fact that we are dating. But this tour is bigger than us, it's your future. It's your best friends' future. I would never jeopardize that, no matter what. I would love to go on tour and travel with you guys, but me staying behind is what's best for all seven of us."

By the time I finished, I had tears in my eyes. As soon as the first tear rolled down my cheek, Kian wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me to his chest. "I hate making you cry. It breaks my heart." He kissed the top of my head, leaving his lips in my hair for a while.

"I just want to make you happy, to do what's best for you" he said putting his chin on my head. "You make me happier every single day Kian. I don't want you ever to think otherwise" I said wiping the tears from my face.

I leaned away from his chest, so I could look him in the face. "Let's just worry about Playlist right now, okay? You've got another two months to worry about tour." "Anything for you sweet girl" Kian said, placing his hands on my cheeks, gently kissing my lips.

No comments: