Tuesday 12 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 17

My First Time

Connor and I spent way too much time shopping, and bought way more than we were planning on getting. I drove back over to the house, deciding last minute to stay for a little while instead of just dropping Connor off.

The house was a mess. I know they just moved in, but it looked like something exploded! There was a pile of boxes by the stairs, apparently from being thrown over the railing after they were unpacked. As I was breaking them down, Kian walked over taking a box out of my hands.

"Stop. It's not your mess to clean!" "I know that, but I wasn't going to just let it sit here and get worse. Who knows when it was going to be cleaned up" I replied. "She's got a point Kian" JC said as he walked by us into his room. We both laughed at what he said, because we knew it was true.

Kian went back to doing what he was doing, and I finished with the boxes, Trevor taking them outside to the trash. I made my way around the bottom floor, tidying up as I went. It's amazing how messy they were, in just two days! I made a mental note that I would need to either hire a maid, or stop over every few days to make sure the house wasn't falling apart.

I was sitting on the couch with Sam, checking my phone. He was trying to explain to me how to set up my notifications on Twitter so that I could go back to leaving it logged in without getting attacked by notifications.

I heard someone yell my name from upstairs, and turned to see Connor and Kian standing at the top of the stairs motioning for me to go up there. Sam offered to finished changing my settings, and I made my way up to Connors room.

His room was literally the complete opposite of the rest of the house. Everything had a place. I have no idea how he deals with the other three! They had one of their cameras and the lights set up on the other side of the room, and they were both standing there staring at me.

I brought my eyebrow up asking "What?". Kian just smiled and handed me his phone. As I scrolled, I saw tweet after tweet of people asking them when they were going to formally introduce me to the fandom.

Without picking my head up I said "no". Connor started begging, and tried convincing me that it wasn't that bad, I just have to talk to a camera. Kian called up the other four to convince me some more. So I finally agreed to it.

I wasn't wearing any make up, and my hair was thrown up in a pony tail. But I realized that if I was to run into any of the fans while we were out, this is probably what I was going to look like anyway. Connor got everything all set up, adding a third chair in-front of the camera.

Kian told me since the week's theme was "first times", he wanted to do a video of things that happened to him and Connor for the first time. And they thought it would be a fun way for the fans to get to know me. I told him I wouldn't do anything too personal, which they were fine with. They sat down in the two end chairs, started the video, explaining what they were doing, and then introduced me.

The questions ranged everywhere from first kiss, to first job. The last question was "your first impression of the last person you talked to". Connor talked to me last, so he said that he instantly felt comfortable with me because I was so friendly and open with them when we met.

Kian spoke to Connor last, so he talked about their first time actually meeting in person which was actually pretty cute. The last person I talked to, was Kian. I wasn't exactly sure how to answer. I had been watching him on YouTube for well over a year, we had been basically best friends for nearly 4 months, and I heard him say that he liked me.

I collected myself before letting out a small giggle, looking straight at the camera and saying "eh, he was kind of shy in person. But he's extremely cute behind the camera", giving the camera a little wink.

He looked over at me, and I could see Connor staring at me with his mouth open from the corner of my eye. "Connor, you're going to catch a fly" I said without even looking at him, continuing to smirk at the camera. Kian finally looked back at the camera, ending the video. Neither me or Connor moving.

Jc walked in, stopping and staring at us. "Uh, special reason it is extremely awkward in here right now". I stood up, still smiling and I walked towards him and the door. "I called Kian cute on camera" I said as I walked out of the room.

As I walked back downstairs to join Sam back on the couch, I realized what I had done. I had no idea what came over me! But hey, it was out there and there was no going back now. I decided the next time Kian and I were alone, I was going to tell him that I heard him on the phone the other night.

Sam knew something was up by the look on my face. So I explained to him and Trevor who was sitting next to him heard what had happened. "I knew it!" was Sam's response. And all Trevor said was "Hello?!" I guess I was either missing something, or they knew something I didn't.

We had dinner at their place that night, before I went home to my apartment. We didn't talk about the video, and everyone acted like nothing had happened. Which didn't bother me any. But I could tell something was up with Kian, I just didn't want to talk to him about it with everyone around.

- - - - - - - - -

When I got up the next morning, after showering and getting dressed, I decided to get the last of my unpacking done. I just need to finish the kitchen and my closet. But I really wanted all the boxes gone. I had my music turned up, and I was making a fool out of myself. I didn't even hear the knock on the door, but when I walked into the living room to get a box, I was startled by Kian standing there with his arm reached out holding a mountain dew.

I reached over and turned the music down. He apologized for walking in and scaring me. I laughed and told him he really didn't need to knock, and thanked him for the mountain dew. I sat down on the couch to rest for a minute, patting the spot next to me, telling Kian he was allowed to sit.

"What are you up to today?" I asked him as I took a sip of my drink. "I'm just doing some editing for my videos this week. And decided to take a break to come see if you needed any help." I thought for a minute, "yeah, I could use some help hanging up the curtains actually". I had discovered last night I couldn't do it on my own, so I was once again blinded this morning by sunlight.

We talked pretty much the whole time we hung up the curtains. He helped me get the kitchen cabinets set up too. We took a break after that, and I decided to talk to him about the other night in the car.

Before I said anything, Kian messed with his hair a little bit and said "listen about the video", and then paused for a minute. "Yeah?" "Well, what you said at the end, has been on my mind" he answered me, finally looking at me.

"I wasn't joking when I said it" I told him and smiled. Before he could say anything else, I added "Do you remember the other night in the car, when I woke up while you were talking on the phone?" He nodded, "yeah, I was talking to Jc."

"I should have said something before now, but I was awake for most of the conversation, I just didn't want you to know". I looked down at the floor, before slowing looking back up at him.

He looked at me for a second. I couldn't tell if what I said upset him or surprised him. I'm not sure he knew either. "I'm sorry I was listening to your conversation like that. If it means anything, it made me smile."

He gave me a small smile "really?" "Yeah" I responded returning the smile. He squeezed my thigh the same way he had done before "I'm happy I can make you smile". He looked me in the eyes gave me that full smile that I had seen a million times before.

But this time, I felt my heart melt onto the floor.

No comments: