Tuesday 12 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 16

Packing Tape

Kian was completely exhausted by the time we got back to the apartment. He refused to let me drive, but I stayed awake with him. We had fun listening to music, taking turns picking songs. We asked each other questions about each other in-between singing. We laughed at each other lot. We were extremely open and upfront with each other.

While we were gone, Connor, Sam, and Trevor had moved the living room around so we could stack all of my things up in one of the corners. They would be moving out the next day. They actually did a really good job getting everything packed, basically just leaving Ricky's things untouched.

We brought in everything but my furniture from the Uhaul. After that, we decided to just hang out around the apartment for the day. There wasn't much more energy to do anything else anyway.

We each picked out a movie to watch, and all spread out across the living room and got comfortable. Sam used my legs as a pillow, and I used Kian as an arm rest. I slept most of the day, hardly watching any of the movies. Once I had some more energy, I helped Ricky pack up the last of his things, and then went and grabbed dinner for everyone. I didn't even hesitate to fall asleep that night, even after sleeping all day long.

I woke up the next morning curled up next to Kian, Sam still using me as a pillow. I didn't want to wake them up, so I decided to just sit on my phone while everyone slept. I had a ton of notifications waiting for me when I logged on Twitter and Instagram. I don't stay logged into them anymore, it's just easier that way.

But I had tons of tags and mentions from Vidcon. Mostly from YouTubers, but also from a few fans. And that made me smile. I also had a few from the guys, tagging me in pictures and tweets from the time we've spent together over the past week. I was thinking about how crazy this last week has been when I got a text from Connor, "coffee run?".

When we got home, the guys were all up and dressed, moving the last of my things from the Uhaul in, while moving their things out. As things got moved out, me and Trevor started putting my furniture and boxes in the rooms they belonged so it was one less thing I had to do later.

Ricky and Sam drove the Uhaul to Kian's house to pick up all his stuff. I followed with my car, Kian in his with Jc, Connor and Trevor in Ricky's. They started moving all of Kian's big things, as I loaded everything else into my car. By the time we were done, my SUV, Ricky and Kian's cars, and the Uhaul were completely full.

After unloading my SUV, I took a run to Taco Bell to grab everyone something to eat. We took a short break before going back to unloading everything. It's amazing how much we got done before it got dark.

Connor and I took a trip to the store to get them some food and drinks for the next few days while they settled in. Sam and Trevor offered to stay with me at the apartment, to help me get settled since the other 4 would be busy getting settled themselves.

Within 24 hours of the guys moving out, the apartment was completely switched into a much more girly place. It wasn't pink or anything, but it was very much more of a home than a bachelor pad. After grabbing lunch, I dropped Trevor and Sam over at the house, and went grocery shopping for my apartment.

I knew I would be eating home a lot, and I was very sure I wouldn't be eating alone all that often. And I was right. Our first real night in our new homes, and they were all back over at the apartment for dinner.

After helping me clean up, they decided to film a video for O2L, explaining the move and their change in management. They explained to the camera that everything was becoming too much for them to handle on their own, and they need to be fully focused on their content.

Without giving too much information out, they explained that we had been introduced at Playlist Live earlier in the year, and we had remained in contact since. Looking towards me instead of the camera, Jc said "she's become more like family to us, and we completely trust her having our best interest in mind". I smiled back at him.

Ricky was fumbling for words trying to figure out what exactly I was. I wasn't really their manager, and they basically did their own planning. And I wasn't their accountant or anything of the kind. That's when Kian came out with "Boss Lady, she's our Boss Lady" smiling at the camera, and then at me. Before ending the video, they explained that I would be the one running their business email, and that they would add all of my information to the down bar.

They piled into Kian and Ricky's cars, saying goodnight to me. It felt strange being alone in the apartment. It was my first time actually being alone since leaving Florida the week before. My phone was still blowing up from our group chat, like they all weren't in the same house and hadn't just spent the last week with me. But I was okay with it.

The one thing I definitely didn't mind was talking to them. While I was getting ready for bed, I got a separate text from Kian, saying good night and that he was happy he was stuck in a car with me for two days. I smiled, remembering what I heard him say on the phone in the car before responding to him.

I woke up to the sun on my face, because of everything I had bought for the apartment, I never bought curtains for the windows. Just as I was throwing the blanket on my face, I got a text message. It was from Connor, "coffee run?". As I was getting out of bed to throw clothes on, I sent back "of course!".

It had become our thing. When he got into the car, I asked him if he wanted to go shopping with me so I could get the last of the things I needed. He said he needed somethings to get too.

No comments: