Tuesday 5 July 2016

THE BRIDE CHAPTER 14

THE BRIDE
Chapter 14

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to
love. This is how the whole scheme
of things works. All good things are
difficult to achieve and bad things
are very easy to get.
-Confucius
Francesca Marcolini’s POV
So I’ve been out of the country for
the whole week. My unplanned
vacation in France helped me a lot.
My mother took me to endless
shopping and I played tourist in
Paris for two days. It gave me time
to think and planned my next move.
But as I stepped out of Fiumicino
Airport I just realized I didn’t plan
anything on how to face Marco
Orsini again.
Like it or not. I am still practically
working for him in searching for
his potential bride. And what
happened to us the night of the
charity auction things remained the
same.
I certainly hope so.
My gloomy mood was lifted
considerably when I turned on my
mobile phone and heard the voice
mail came from Lucca Cavelli.
“Francesca, I heard that you were
out of the country. I just want to tell
you that Tatiana is in labor now.
The twins are ready to see the
world!”
Oh, I would not miss it for the
world to see their twins. I called for
a taxi to drop my things in my
penthouse and buy a bouquet of
flowers for the new mother. Within
an hour I arrived at the hospital
where Tatiana gave birth.
“Boun giorno!” I greeted as I open
the door in one of the suite rooms.
“Francesca!” The new parents said
in unison as they held each little
bundle on their arms. I smiled at
them as I entered the room.
“How are you?” I asked, nearing
the hospital bed where they sat
together looking at their twins
adoringly.
“Blissfully happy.” Tatiana replied.
You can’t see on her beautiful pale
face the pain she’d suffer on her
fourteen hours labor. Her hospital
room was filled with bouquet of
flowers with cards pass on good
wishes to the happy couple and
their twins.
“Francesca,” Lucca said proudly,
holding out the baby in his arms
for me to see. “I don’t believe
you’ve met our children yet. Meet
Makis and Mariya.”
My gazed first settled on the future
Duke of Caprielle on Lucca’s arms.
He has a chubby red cheeks and a
shock of dark hair. “Oh,” I was
amazed when the little Makis
opened his eyes and stared right at
me. His eyes were as gray as his
father. The eyes of the Cavellis for
centuries. Next I look at the little girl
Tatiana held in her arms but this
time she’s already awake her gray
eyes looking at her mother silently.
“How clever,” I remarked. “You
name her Mariya.”
“Mariya is a pretty special for us.”
Lucca admitted smiling adoringly to
his wife and placing a kiss on her
forehead. “My wife used it for
awhile as she began to build her
new life.”
I looked away at their display of
affection to each other. I couldn’t
help but to feel jealous seeing how
happy and settled they were. I
couldn’t help but to wished I have
like that on my own.
Maybe seeing my uneasiness
Tatiana changed the subject. “Are
you alone, Francesca? Where is Mar
—”
“Oh, no.” I interrupted her instantly.
“I arrived alone.”
“Darling,” Lucca said to his wife.
“Francesca just came from her
vacation.” Maybe seeing my
discomfort, Lucca’s eyes narrowed
slightly. “He’s not harassing you
again, has he?”
“Oh, he’s not.” I don’t know why I
have to lie for him. That sharp-
tongue devil who couldn’t say even
a single word of kindness to me.
“We’re perfectly fine.”

TO be continued

No comments: