Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 8

The Turn Around
EPISODE 8
.
I knocked on Area Mama’s door
thrice before she opened
it.I greeted her.
she yawned,looked at the
wall clock hanging on the
wall.it was 5.45am.”How
was your night?”she
asked.
“fine”i replied.
She made to usher me
in,perhaps to hear me tell
her’yes,i will accept the
offer’ but i was
reluctant.She noticed and
asked if there’s any
problem.
“I want to see my child”i
told her.
She looked at me intently
as if she didnt know it was
i.After much staring,she
told me that my child is
with the nursery mistress.
“Where do i find her?”i
asked.she said nothing.All
she did was to walk into
her room and come back
with a little bag.she
handed it over to me.
“This is the money we
talked about.take it and
leave.i have taken your
daughter as mine
already.Go and get ready
with the rest girls,you are
going on your first outing
with them today?”she said
and shut the door.
“Noo i dont want your
money.i need my
daughter.I dont want to
stay here anymore.Give
my my daughter so i can
leave”i kept shouting as i
hit the door hard.I threw
away the money.I can
never exchange my
winnie,the first fruit of my
womb for money.
I was still there when
three hefty men came out
from nowhere and
ordered me to keep quiet.i
refused.One of them gave
me the hardest slap i ever
received since i was born.I
had no other choice than
to keep quiet amidst sobs
They locked me in one
room.I knew Area Mama
ordered them to do that.I
cried bitterly.I prayed to
God to hearken unto my
cries for i know i have
sinned.I cursed the day i
slept with Cypher.I cursed
the day i met him.
Throughout that day,i was
locked up with no food
nor water.I became very
weak.
It was around 10pm that i
heard the door open
slightly.Nakie creeped in
and signaled to me to
keep quiet.she locked the
door and gave me the
food she brought for me”I
saw what happened.i have
been looking for a chance
to bring you something
but i found none.Please
eat the food fast before Area Mama finds me here”she
whispered.
After eating,she told me
that area mama locked me up
so that i will die of
starvation. Nakie said Area Mama
has killed countless girls in
that manner.I was really
surprised at this that i
gave out a loud gasp.
“But because i found out
you are a nice person,i
decided to help you.I put
something in that ”three
men’s” drink to make
them sleep.I want you to
escape”She said.I was
really touched with this
kind of kindness.
“But how do i escape
without my daughter?”i
asked.It was then Nakie told
me that my daughter has
been taken away.She gave
me some money,led me
carefully out of the house
and bade me safe journey.
“Thank you so
much, Nakie.God will bless
you”i said as i left.
I looked into the darkness
of the night with a great
fear,not knowing where to
go.I wondered if i could
survive that night and if i
can ever see my daughter
again.....
.
.
.
Storie continues

No comments: