Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 7

The Turn Around
EPISODE 7
.
Area Mama sent for me later in
the evening. Nakie led me to
see her, leading me
directly to Area Mama’s room. A
well furnished spacious
room adorned with
beautiful red curtains and
a goldstar colour T.v.
I couldn’t help but feast
my eyes on the beautiful
things surrounding me.
.
Area Mama was comfortably
sitting on her bed when
we got there. A
newspaper resting on her
laps, making her look like
a female military
administrator.
.
She smiled as soon as she
noticed our presence and
nodded to Nakie.
.
“thanks for bringing her,
you can now leave us” she
said calmly to Nakie, who
quickly obeyed and left
the room.
.
“come sit here my dear”
she said to me, pointing to
a small chair facing her
bed. I nervously obeyed
without a word.
.
“hope you are getting
acquainted with your new
home?” she asked
curiously, examining me
with her eyes.
.
“oh yes, thanks alot, you
are so kind” i replied
gratefully.
.
“Nakie did a good job with
your hair. I like your new
look” she said smiling,
while i blushed.
.
“anyway i invited you
here for something
important. I really can’t
wait till tomorrow
because you know time is
money, moreover i will
like you to sleep over
what i have to tell you”
she said slowly, keenly
observing my reaction. I
nodded calmly, my heart
beating furiously. I
couldn’t imagine what
could be so serious for her
to invite me by that hour.
10:30pm the wall clock in
her room displayed.
.
“i invited you here
because of your daughter
winnie. I will very much
love to adopt her. She’s
very cute and i promise
she will have the best life
can offer.I will give you
Gh€1,500.00”she said. A cold
shiver ran through
me.That was a huge
amount, i reasoned.At least
with that,i could start up
something.But i beheld
my daughter’s image and
shook my head.
.
”I cant accept it ma,i want
to be with my daughter”i
replied.
.
“Go and think about it.and
talk to me
tomorrow.Rememb er,you
dont need the child
now.you dont have
anybody to take care of
you.you have to move on
with your life as a young
girl that you are”she
finally said and dismissed
me.
Gh€1,500.00?, Nakie
exclaimed,you are
lucky.the other time,she
gave blessing Gh€1,000.00 to
have her child”
I was suprised at what
Nakie said and i
asked”where is the baby
now?”
“nobody knows”she
replied.
”and where is blessing
now?”i asked
.
“Few days from now,you
will start doing what she
is doing.you have to
survive.use what you have
and get what you want”
Her explanation baffled
me.prostitution ?God
forbid.Over my dead
body.That night,i didnt get
enough sleep,i was
looking at the time to
know when it will be
dawn,so that i will go to
Area Mama and demand for my
daughter and leave this
place.I know God wont
reject me if everybody
does.
.
.
But do i think i would get
back my daughter so
easily?
.
.
.
What's your mind ?
Do you think she should accept the money and continue living with her or get her daughter and leave the house ?

No comments: