Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 9

The Turn Around
EPISODE 9
.
I headed into the darkness
of the night.I was filled
with fear as i knew not
where to go. Nakie gave me
her telephone number.I
blamed my parents for
abandoning me in the first
place.How could they be
so heartless.They care not
about what happens to
me because i got
pregnant.
Despite the fact that i
pleaded and begged
them.I pitied other people
who were blessed with
understanding parents.
If i had aborted the baby
as Cypher told me,they
wouldnt have abandoned
me.They wouldnt have
even know i was pregnant
at all.But the
consequences may be
disastrous. Firstly,sinning
against God double
inorder to cover one sin
committed.
Secondly,i may never get
pregnant again.
I decided to accept my
fate.I searched for where
to lay my head that night.I
saw an uncompleted
building and moved in.I
prayed earnestly for God’s
protection.I remembered
my daughter and wept
bitterly.I thought of mama G. and concluded that i
will narate my ordeals to
her the following day
when i eventually find her.
In the middle of that same
night,i heard footsteps.I
curled up,listening
attentively.The y were
coming into the
uncompleted building.My
heart started beating
faster,i heard their
voice,they were men.A
cold shiver ran through
me.
They entered and saw
me,immediately, i saw
them bring out their
weapons.Guns,ax es and
cutlasses.They were six in
number.I was able to
count them because one
of them shone a little
torch towards me.
“i mean no harm
please.dont kill me”my
voice was shaky.
“Who are you and what
do you want here?”One of
them barked and pointed
the torch at my face.
“Mamle?”I was shocked
as i heard him call my
name.He called me again.
“Is that you?”
At this i nodded while still
looking at his face to find
out who he was.I finally
got it.
“Tettey”I called him.
Tettey used to be my
classmate until i got
pregnant and stopped
school.I used to help him
his class work and
assignment back in those
days.During exams,i wrote
answers in piece of
paper,squeezed it and
threw it to him.
“Dagger,you know
her?”that was the
question his members
started asking him.I kept
looking at his face in
disbelief as he nodded his
head in affirmation.He told
them to keep back their
weapons.
That night i slept at his
place.He told me to sleep
on the bed while,he slept
on the floor.
When it was morning,i
narrated my ordeals to
him. When i got to my
escapade with Area mama,he
breathed heavily,lowered
his head and looked at me
for a very long time.I was
suprised when he told me
that he’s Area Mama’s agent
and that he can help me
get back my daughter
because of the things i did
for him back in school.
There was a knock on the
door.is it Area Mama? Has she
discovered that i
escaped.has she come to
tell Tettey to find me with
his men?she knew she
would be in trouble if i
escape.
Tettey hid me under his
bed as he went to open
the door......
.
.
.
Gues what...
.
.what's your comment ?

No comments: