Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 5

The Turn Around
EPISODE 5
.
“what do i do now?” i
sobbed uncontrollably,
“nothing my dear,
absolutely nothing” mama
G. calmly replied and
held me.
“where do i lay my head
tonight? Where do i go
from here?” i asked
unhappily,
“my dear, do trust in God
he alone has control over
our destiny, don’t give up”
she calmly advised. But i
really was very heart
broken and scared,
because i knew i was lost
in an unfriendly world
where my own family
rejected me.
.
“my husband really won’t
tolerate you staying with
us, but i hope you can
manage my store {storage
room}, it’s very spacious
and there is an old
mattress in it” she said to
me as i sobbed. I instantly
looked at her hopefully, i
never expected her to help
me further, thus my
delight and happiness as
little hope fell on me.
.
“you can stay there till you
get a better
accomodation, you can
also come work for me in
my restaurant and make
small money for yourself,
at least with it you can
make better plans for your
future. I just wish i’m a
rich woman, i would have
helped you more” she
murmured.
.
“oh don’t bother ma” you
have done more than
enough for me, something
my own mum couldn’t do”
i answered gratefully.
______
That was how i found
myself under Mama G.
care. I slept in her store at
night and worked in her
restaurant during the day.
.
I worked tirelessy as i
tried to discard my
sorrows and earn
something decent for
myself.
.
Cypher never for a day
lifted a finger to help me
nor ask of his daughter’s
welfare, even though we
do see each other
everyday,
Instead he continued
making me jealous by
bringing different girls to
his room. His actions
pained me alot but i
pretended as if i didn’t
care. I held my pride,
suffered silently and never
begged.
.
Three months i suffered
and toiled under Mama G's care, until September
when a good looking
middle aged woman who
patronized her restaurant
came into my life, offering
to help me raise my child.
.
Her sweet tongue and
behaviour really convinced
me of her good intentions
that without second
thoughts, i accepted her
help against Mama G’s
reservations.
.
A week later I moved into
the woman’s house
without giving it a second
thought.
.
Little did i know that
misfortune awaited me....

Story continues

No comments: