Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 3

The Turn Around
Episode 3
.
.
EPISODE 3
.
“My dear stop crying and
think ahead, crying over
split milk dosen’t make
any sense” our land-lady
advised as she led me to
her apartment.
.
“my life is useless i feel
like dying” i weeped,
“my dear stop mocking
God, he alone knows the
reason he kept you alive,
so don’t be ungrateful”
she cautioned.
.
“i however think you
should leave your bag
with me, return to your
family and see if they will
accept you” she advised
minutes later, after i had
calmed down a little. I
cleaned my eyes and
stared at her with prayers
in my lips
.
“i pray they do, if not i’m
stranded and doomed” i
murmured with a broken
spirit, knowing fully well
the kind of parents i had.
Only divine intervention
could make them change
their stand.
But I had no choice than
to try my luck once again.
.
I trekked from Somanya to Dodowa where
my parents resided,
carrying Winnie with me.
I couldn’t afford using
public transport that
fateful morning, because i
needed to make good use
of the little money i had.
Mum was the only one at
home when i got there,
making me relax a bit as i
rested in her shop which
was just in front of the
house. The fire in her eyes
died as soon as she saw
me, tears quickly formed
in them as she stared at
my weak body.
“hmmm” was all she could
mutter, while i swallowed
hard with tears in my
eyes. Other mothers
would have reached out
and carried their
daughter’s child who
equally was her grand
daughter, but she didn’t,
instead stared at us with
pity.
Even though she never did
support dad’s harsh
treatment towards me,
she equally never
condenmed it, perhaps
because i had five other
younger sisters, whom
they needed to protect by
using my punishment as a
lesson and example to
them.
.
“mum help me please i
have nowhere else to go,
Cypher threw me out of
his house this morning” i
sobbed and knelt by her
side with little winnie in
my arms. She breathed
deeply, scratched her head
and stared at the ceiling.
“have you eaten today?” i
heard her ask.
“no mum food isn’t my
problem” i replied with
tears.
“i have beans let me get
some for you” she
murmured, left her shop
and went into the house
to get a plate of beans for
me.
.
She returned with it,
dropped the plate on a
small stool, and
reluctantly carried little
winnie, so that i could to
eat properly.
____
“please be quick with it,
because you have to leave
before your dad shows up,
i don’t want his problem
today” she urged.
.
Her comment really broke
my heart , but i was
already used to such
comments. I rushed up
with my meal, washed my
mouth and thanked her.
.
“now you can leave please”
she murmured and gave
me Gh€10,
“use it to buy pamperz
for your daughter” she
added a bit coldly. I closed
my eyes out of pain but
tears refused to fall out.
“mum i have no-where to
go” i reminded her, but all
she did was just to shrug.
“it’s non of my business
you arn’t our
responsibility anymore, if
you have any case, do
present it to your father
please and not to me” she
replied nervously.
.
Leaving me once again
lost, confused and
hopeless,
“how can i face dad when
mum is behaving like this”
i wondered.
.
I had hoped with time
that their cold behaviour
towards me will reduce,
but instead of reducing, it
only increased.
"hmmm egbe ny3 gbe" (today be day)
here comes your dad”
mum exclaimed as she
sighted him from afar
seconds later, instantly
pushing me out of her
shop.
.
I stood outside and waited
for dad defiantly, with a
broken spirit and winnie
in my arms,
“whatever will be, will
eventually be, let it
happen now” I said myself
as i waited for him to
finish me..
.
.
Story continues

No comments: