Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 2

The Turn Around
Episide 2
.
EPISODE 2
.
Cypher soon woke up,
ignored my greeting,
washed his mouth and left
the house without a word.
I was terribly scared
because of the way he
looked at me. I knew it
was just a matter of
seconds before he kicks us
out of his room.
I sobbed quietly as i
lamented my fate.
“My mates are all with
their parents, enjoying
their lives and planning
for a brighter future. Here
i’m suffering like a
refugee” i reasoned with
tears.
“only if i had listened to
him months ago and
terminated my baby, i
wouldn’t be suffering in
this manner” i said to
myself bitterly. But deep
down in my heart i
equally knew i rejected to
do his bidding because i
couldn’t bear such guilt
which would have been
terrible and unbearable.
Winnie’s loud cry soon
calmed me. I quietly
carried her, changed her
napkin, breastfed and
sang a lullaby for her. He
came in that moment
eyeing us.
“have you packed all your
things?” he asked coldly. I
swallowed hard and
stared at him pleadingly.
“please don’t do this to
us” i begged, “we are
already managing well, i’ll
start a trade very soon” i
added. He scratched his
head uneasily and again
eyed me murderously,
“do you call this life eeh?
Abeg shut up that your
dirty mouth” he barked,
before grabbing all my
clothes which he dumped
inside an old large bag,
fetched winnie’s things
and equally dumped them
in it.
“here is 8 hundred Ghana cedis {GH€800} it’s your
transport fare to your
parents house, i have tried
enough for you, i won’t
kill myself doing it
mtcheeew” he muttered
and threw the money at
me.
Tears instantly fell
uncontrollably from my
eyes, i had no where to
go. I was doomed, I
dropped winnie on the
bed, knelt and begged him
“please Cypher, please” i
begged again and again,
but instead of my pleas to
calm him, it infuriated him
tremendously. He slapped
me hard, grabbed the bag
and threw it out of his
room.
“i will do the same to you
and this baby if you don’t
leave peacefully” he
threatened.
I stared at him
heartbroken, and hungry,
cursing the day i granted
him access to my body.
.
.
.
The story of my love life
with Cypher really is a
long one. An affair which
never should have
happened in the first place
had i ignored my heart,
because he really had
nothing to offer me, yet i
foolishly fell in love with
him. A very stupid teenage
love affair which i now
regret.
Love dosen’t work in an
empty stomach, neither
does it work in an
unsecured environment.
Cypher wasn’t in love
with me any longer
because circumstances
changed and he only saw
me as a burden to his
miserable life.
He totally ignored winnie’s
cries, my pleas and our
neighbours preachings as
he pushed us out of his
house that fateful
morning.
A day i was supposed to
be happy because it was
my birthday...
.
WATCH OUT FOR EPISODE 3

No comments: