Friday 8 July 2016

THE TURN AROUND EPISODE 1

The Turn Around
Episode 1
CHAPTER 1
_
22nd June 1989
6:30am
_
I woke up from sleep with
a very terrible headache,
while hunger and fear
occupied the rest of my
body.
_
Cypher who was lying by
my side instantly coughed,
startling me. I rubbed my
eyes, got up from bed and
smiled at little winnie who
was sleeping peaceful on
her cot.
_
That fateful day was my
19th birthday, but instead
of being the happiest day
of my life, it brought great
suspence, fear and sorrow
with it. It was equally the
last day Cypher, my
boyfriend and little
Winnie’s father gave me
to pack out from his room.
_
Our relationship suddenly
turned sour when i got
pregnant for him. He
never wanted me to keep
the baby, but i refused to
terminate it leaving him
with no choice than to
accept responsibility,
when my parents threw
me out of their house.
_
I was in SS3 when it
happened, while he was
just a struggling brick
layer and a motor
mechanic apprentice. We
both were from poor
backgrounds which truly
worsened everything.
_
I was then left at his
mercy, and out of
frustration he never
allowed a moment to pass
without reminding me of
the hardship i was causing
him and how unlucky i
was. Those were the
moments i felt like killing
myself.
_
I admit i made a terrible
mistake by having
unprotected se.x and
getting pregnant for him,
but harming my innocent
baby was what i really
couldn’t do.
_
I managed and struggled
with determination until i
gave birth to my little girl
on 21st december 1988.
Cypher on his part
grudgingly supported me
by providing the little he
had which he never did
without complaining, but
the love and joy my little
girl brought into my life
sustained and gave me
hope.
_
As soon as little winnie
was born, he gave me six
months to leave his house.
At first i thought it was
one of his numerous
careless comments, but as
June slowly drew near, he
began singing it almost
everyday in my ears.
Leaving me confused,
demoralized and unhappy.
_
It really wasn’t as if he
was spending much on us.
I only ate twice daily,
while little winnie
survived on my br.east
milk and few ‘Tins’ of baby
milk concerned
neighbours, especially our
land-lady do give us.
_
The previous day {21st
June}, he almost strangled
me simply because i
begged him to allow us
stay few more months
with him.
_
I had no money on me,
nor family to seek because
to them i was good as
dead. Not even when i
took little Winnie to them
months after she was born
did their mind change.
_
I murmured some prayers
as i awaited my fate,
wondering where to go,
when he eventually wakes
up and throws us out.
.
.
.
Story has just began

No comments: