Sunday 10 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 2

Boss lady episode 2:
Change of Plans

I was greeted by familiar faces as I made my way up to my room to drop off my things. The hotel was pretty quiet, people were just starting to arrive. I took my phone, badge, make up bag, and a few little snacks, and put them into my purse and head downstairs. It was time to sit through a 3 hour meeting.

Lunch time could not have come fast enough. Not because I was hungry, but because I just wanted some time for myself! I felt like I was fed more information during that meeting than in my entire life. I went up to my hotel room after filling my plate, deciding to eat by myself one last time before the weekend started. Just as I shut my door behind me, my phone began to ring. I instantly smiled, because I knew exactly who was calling.

"Hey babe!" My boyfriend was away for work, something I was not happy about. But it kind of worked out since I've been so busy with school and Playlist. We enjoyed 30 minutes on the phone, agreeing to facetime before bed. It really sucked having a relationship over the phone, but after a year together, I knew we were perfectly fine.

I cleaned myself up, and headed downstairs to start getting all the "Welcome" bags together. I was humming to myself when Melanie walked up, looking completely freaked out. Before I could even ask her what was wrong, she dropped a binder down on the table and said "if I were you, I'd start reading this now". I was absolutely confused! "We need you to take over Michael's job. He decided today that this isn't what he wanted to be doing. And I thought you would be perfect for filling in, since you know everything going on."

I agreed to do it, not really knowing what all the job included. I finished getting all the bags ready, and then sat down and opened the binder. That's when I figured out that I would no longer be just someone behind the scenes, I would be running around making sure everything runs smoothly. I really didn't think I was ready for that. But what choice did I have? Maybe it would be good for me, maybe even make the weekend fun.

I was reading through all 50 pages, making little notes on the sides. I set reminders on my phone so I didn't forget anything. I had a list of "clients" for the weekend. I pretty much just had to make sure they were where they needed to be and at the right time. It really seemed simple enough the more I thought about it. Each day was something different. There were panels, meet and greets, main stage shows. I knew I'd be really busy.

Melanie had slipped a page in with information on it for me to meet with my new "clients" in just a few hours. I guess to go over everything. Then it hit me, I was in the middle of Playlist, about to meet who knows how many YouTubers. And the nerves were back again...

No comments: