Monday 11 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 8

BOSS LADY
Celebrating What is Deserved

One Week Later

I was still enjoying sleeping when I should be sleeping, and eating when I was hungry. I was also enjoying the peace and quiet. But I was not enjoying the constant noise my phone made. My notifications have not calmed down one bit.

And the fact that every Youtuber I met at Playlist tweeted about me, and a lot of them posted a picture of us together on Instagram. I ended up having to make my account private, since I had family and friends on there and I didn't want a bunch of strangers going through my life.

I had caught back up with school, since I didn't do anything for the last two weeks since I was so busy with Playlist. I went to a couple interviews, but nothing stuck. Which was fine, in a way. I really didn't like that I was so unsure about my future.

But at the same time, I was enjoying that for the first time in a very long time, I wasn't struggling to keep up with everything.

My birthday was this weekend, and I was looking forward to that. It was just going to be my parents and a few friends, nothing big. But I haven't been able to spend any time with them the last few months.

Each member of O2L had said how much they wished they could be there for my birthday, and constantly reminded me that I had surprises to look forward to. They wouldn't give me hints. Nor would they tell me when I was actually getting them.

-----

My mom came in to wake me up, at nearly noon, surprising me with all kinds of gifts from her and my dad, and a few my boyfriend had mailed. After opening everything, I had a brand new outfit for dinner, with beautiful jewelry. After thanking them, and calling my boyfriend to thank him, I took a nice hot bath.

I sat for a few minutes on Twitter and Instagram just going through everything. I had sat the other night changing all my settings so that I didn't get notifications anymore. I couldn't take the noise anymore.

We went out to a very nice Italian restaurant and had a nice night out. When we got back home my dad told me to sit on the couch, because I had one more gift. He walked over to the TV, plugging his laptop into it. I couldn't see the screen, so I had no idea what he was doing. He told me to close my eyes. I hesitated for a second, but then I did.

When he told me to open them, I was greeted by 6 familiar smiling faces on the TV screen. I instantly teared up. Kian, Jc, Trevor, Sam, Ricky, and Connor all sang me happy birthday. My dad handed me a box, and then both him and my mom walked out of the room.

Connor told me to open it, and when I did, I instantly started laughing. It was a box full of things that reminded me of them. I didn't even have to ask who got me what, I instantly knew. They were so sweet.

At the bottom of the box, was a black shirt. As I pulled it out, they told me that they wanted to make sure I was the first person to have one. It was their very own shirt! I was so happy for them. We sat for a little and talked, until I started yawning.

They all said goodnight, and that they would talk to me tomorrow. I walked up stairs, texted my boyfriend one last time and fell asleep.

I woke up to six good morning text messages, as I have every day since leaving Orlando...

No comments: