Tuesday 12 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 12

BOSS LADY
Episode 12
Feels Like Deja Vu

I woke up the next day so excited for Vidcon. I wasn't sure what I was more excited about, actually getting to experience it, or seeing all the friends I made at Playlist. Me and Troye met in the lobby to checkout since we were going to be staying at the hotel with everyone else at Vidcon.

Kian and Sam were going to be picking up me and Troye from the hotel, and we were all meeting Tyler out at breakfast before we made the drive. It was nice having all of us together again. We hadn't done this since Playlist.

Tyler nearly screamed like a little girl when I told him I was moving to LA next week. And I couldn't wait to tell more of our friends when I saw them later that day. We split up into the two cars pretty much based on music.

So, myself, Kian, Sam, Jc, and Troye were in Kian's car. And Trevor, Tyler, Ricky, and Connor were in Ricky's. There was lots of singing, and lots of vlogging.

There were way more fans here than at Playlist, and I wasn't prepared for that. A few of them that came over to O2L, actually recognized me from Twitter and Instagram. I don't think I'll ever get used to that honestly. Because I'm not a YouTuber, that's not the life I live. I'm just the person behind the scenes. But O2L changed that for me.

And I suddenly had a rush of fear come over me when I realized that I would be noticed ten times more often when I moved out to California and basically did everything with, and for, O2L. I wasn't sure how all of that was going to go.

I told the guys I was going to head up stairs to our rooms, get everything settled while they met with fans. I really just wanted some breathing space, and I think Connor caught on because he offered to join me.

As soon as we were alone in the elevator, he asked what was wrong. I knew I could talk to Connor openly, so I told him what I was feeling. But I made sure to reassure him that I still wanted to move out there with them.

He told me that no matter what, they would all be there for me. He didn't like that I was feeling so uncomfortable, and said that if at any point this weekend I just wanted to hang out in the hotel room, he would be more than happy to join me. "And I'm sure the rest of the guys would too" Which made me smile. Connor always knew just what to say to me to cheer me up.

We got everyone's bags in the right rooms, I was in the last room at the end of the hallway. Connor and Jc's room was across from me, Trevor and Ricky's was next to theirs, and Kian and Sam were next to mine. We hadn't stayed like this since Playlist. And we had a lot of fun then, I could only imagine what it was going to be like this weekend.

Connor and I ventured back downstairs, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. We found the guys, who were now in one of the hallways talking to Jen and Andrea. I had no idea they were coming today, but I was still happy to see both of them. It was easy to keep in touch with O2L, because someone was always able to talk. But keeping in touch with Jen and Andrea long distance wasn't easy.

We talked when we could though, and got along great. Sam blurted out that I was moving out to LA next week, which made them both instantly happy. They started rambling on about being able to hang out, and we could have a girl space while the guys had their bachelor pad. And no more staying in hotels!

After some more catching up, everyone parted ways, and myself and O2L made our way to registration to get all the information we would need for the weekend. We were only going to be here for the 2 days, since we were driving home.

I saw that we were going to be able to enjoy today, with just a small sit down later this afternoon. They decided they wanted to walk around, saying hi to everyone and spending some time with fans. I agreed, so I could see everyone. But I wasn't really looking forward to the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I love their fans. Through the internet. Being in the middle of it all is overwhelming for me. I awkwardly stood around whenever we got stopped for pictures. There were a few that said they say me at Playlist in Orlando, and were happy I was here too.

That was actually nice to hear, because they sounded so genuine. The guys smiled at me when they realized how happy it made me.

Kian and I offered to go out and grab lunch. I think we both came to the silent agreement that we needed space to breathe. Without any issue, they all agreed on Taco Bell first try. I realized on the way there, that this was the first time I was ever alone with Kian, and I pointed it out to him.

We both laughed about it and said we needed to do it more often. He told me it wasn't fair that I spend so much time with Connor, and that he needed to learn to share their best friend, looking over at me and smiling as he said it. If I had any doubts about moving out to LA, they disappeared in that moment.

Over my short time in California, I've come to realize that Sam, Connor, Jc, Ricky, Trevor, and Kian weren't just my best friends, but they were like family. And I was really looking forward to getting to spend actual time with them, and continuing to help and support them.

When we got back with the food, we decided to go eat up in my room, so we could enjoy our food without interruptions. My room only had the one bed, but it had a table and chairs, so we decided it wouldn't be as messy as eating in their rooms on their beds.

Trevor brought up the topic of what exactly I would be doing for them. So they started going back and forth about things coming up, things they needed help doing. Soon realizing it was everything I was already helping with from Florida, we all look at each other and laughed.

They came to the decision that I would just become their right hand man, so I could focus on the business end of everything, and they could focus on their content. And I was totally fine with doing that.

O2L had a short Q&A panel on stage, and I stayed back stage listening. I loved that they always seemed so happy answering fan's questions. They loved getting personal with them. And it made me really happy seeing them happy like that.

After about 45 minutes, they took a few pictures with the fans that asked questions, and they were free for the rest of the night. We all scattered, going to spend time with friends we had made plans with. I had promised Tyler I would pop in for his panel with Grace and Hannah.

About 30 minutes into it, Jc texted me asking if I was busy because he needed to talk to me. I told him I would meet him up in his room.

When I got up there, I was surprised to only find him there. But I could tell by the look on his face something was bothering him. I gave him a gentle hug, and sat down next to him on the bed.

He looked at me, giving me a tiny smile, and said "I really want to figure out a way that I can go home and visit my family soon". I leaned on his shoulder and replied "that's what I'm here for".

We talked for a few more minutes, and I sent "Group meeting tomorrow morning. My room, at 9" to our group chat. One by one, they each agreed, not asking what it was for.

No comments: