Monday 11 July 2016

BOSS LADY EPISODE 10

BOSS LADY
California Dreaming
We lost track of time. But we didn't care. It was almost midnight before we all started saying our goodbyes. When it was just myself and O2L left, I gave them all hugs, thanking them for everything.
This was literally the fifth day we've ever spent together, but they had become family. Myself, Kian, Jc, and Sam got into one car, and Ricky, Trevor and Connor got in the other to head home. They dropped me off at my hotel, telling me that they would be by at around 11 tomorrow morning to pick me up. Apparently we had a busy day to get through.
I slept like a baby, partially because I was so tired, but also because I didn't feel so empty anymore. I hadn't realized how much the break up was effecting me. But being around my friends again made me feel complete.
Sure, I had friends back home that I would talk to, and see sometimes. But the friendships I built at Playlist have become so much more meaningful over these last few months. We've become one big family. And it's been really nice that everyone has continued to include me in as much as possible, even though I was on the other side of the country.
Instead of ordering room service, I just decided to take a walk down to a little cafe around the corner. I texted Troye to see if he wanted to join, but he was already out for the day. I enjoyed the California air, it wasn't as humid as it is back home.
For being in a strange place, I felt so comfortable, like I had been there before. I ordered myself just a simple vanilla latte and a chocolate chip muffin, and made my way back to my hotel room to start the day.
Sam texted me, to see if I was ready. I reminded him they told me they were picking me up at 11, and it was almost 12. This was a common thing with them, so I was used to it. We didn't ever do anything at the right time. We couldn't even communicate over the phone at a set time.
I waited down in the lobby for them. Kian and Sam tackled me, which I'm starting to get used to. They wouldn't tell me what we were doing though. We drove over to Connor, Ricky, and Jc's apartment across town. It was a mess, which I kind of expected.
There were boxes thrown everywhere, with things falling out. The box closest to me was full of the shirts the boys had sent me for my birthday. After looking around for a minute, I realized I was standing the middle of merchandise chaos. There were piles of shirts, pictures, posters, and sharpies all over.
They asked me if I could help them keep track of everything. It wasn't long before I had a little system going, keeping track of everything that was being signed and what sizes were in which shirt box.
I laughed when they said it was nice to have a woman in the house helping for once. I'm sure that didn't happen all that often. It only took us a couple hours to get everything organized, and stacked into a neat pile in the corner of the room.
Connor said I deserved a celebratory dinner for putting up with them all day. We went out to the Cheesecake Factory, singing and dancing the whole way. I was honestly starting to get used to having their cameras in my face all the time.
At first it drove me crazy, especially since it made getting things done ten times more complicated. But they were putting something together for their collab channel, so I just went along with it. We ordered our food, and had an amazing time together. I think the tables closest to us were getting annoyed, but we really didn't care.
As we started to quiet down as we finished our food, Ricky looked at me with a completely serious face and started with "We've all been thinking". Which instantly worried me, and I think they caught on.
Sam lightly touched my hand and said "it's a good thing, don't worry". I smiled and Ricky went on. "You've been extremely helpful with us Playlist, us moving to LA, and now Vidcon. And you did it all from Florida from the kindness of your heart."
"Yeah, we're really happy we were able to finally convince you to come out here!" Kian added. "And we know you've been really stressed trying to find a job you know you'll actually enjoy. And uhm...we were wondering if..."
Before he could even finish, Trevor blurted out "if you would move out here and be like our manager".
I know for sure that my jaw dropped open as I stared over at Trevor. I really had no idea what to say. I would love to be doing something I enjoy doing, and doing it with my friends. The real question was, was I ready to pack up and move across the country to do something that felt completely foreign to me?

No comments: