Thursday 7 July 2016

THE BRIDE CHAPTER 29

The Bride
Chapter 29

The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift
of unconditional love and acceptance.
-Brian Tracy
Claudia Orsini’s POV
“What are you doing here?” I asked my husband—
the birthday celebrant as soon as I saw him entered
the library where I waited for Marco. He told me that
he has a very important announcement to make
today.
I am eager for his news.
“Marco told me to wait for him in the library.”
Alfonso who is dashing in his tuxedo suit informed
me. “He will say something to me.”
That sounded suspiciously. He had not visited us last
week as he always did during the weekends now he
was suddenly announcing something in the middle
of his grandfather’s birthday celebration.
“What do you think he will say to us, Alfonso.” I
inquired at my husband as I studied the ring that
belongs to the collection he bought when he lost the
bet.
“D--n, if I know.” He answered while pouring
himself a glass of whiskey in the decanter.
“Alfonso…” I warmed.
“What?” He asked innocently, sipping the liquor. “It’s
my birthday.”
I sighed and voice out my concern. “Why I have a
bad feeling about this?”
“What—”
Alfonso got interrupted when the door of the library
abruptly opened. I got from my feet and stared at
the new comer.
Madre di Dio! What is happening here? Who is the
beautiful woman in my grandson’s arms? It was
supposed to be Francesca! Francesca! What the hell is
happening here? I need so answer! Now!
“Claudia,” Alfonso moved to my side and placed his
hand to my waist to give me a squeezed. He
whispered to my ears only while eyeing the newly
arrive. “Compose yourself, storms raging in your
eyes. I could see it.”
I didn’t trust myself to speak right this moment. My
nerves were shaking, what is this nightmare I am
experiencing. What about the wedding I planned
almost every night?
“Nonno. Nonna.” My evil grandson had filled the
silence. “May I introduce Signorina Laila Fiorenza, my
fiancée. Sweetheart, this lovely people are my
grandparents.”
Fiancée…fiancé…fiancé…fiancée… The word echoed
in my brain like a broken recorder. Have I somehow
stepped into a different kind of dimension here? This
is not happening to me. This is unjust vexation. I
need justice!
“How do you do?” The raving beauty in black
demure gown greeted us with elegance.
She’s beautiful, well-mannered, accomplished with
fine elegance but she’s so wrong for Marco. They are
so mismatch! Oh, Dio, I need a whole bottle of
aspirin to dull the severe headache I have now.
“I hope you are glad that I finally presented my bride
to be to you.” My idiotic grandson announced
arrogantly, his eyes gleamed like gemstones. “Now
you can stop you’re scheme in finding me a bride.
Let’s go, Laila. I will introduce you to the guests
outside.”
Once the couple left us gaping openly at the closing
door. “What had just happened?” I asked to no one.
“I believed that Marco finally presented his bride to
us.” Alfonso calmly replied, pouring himself another
glass of whiskey.
“But that woman was supposed to be Francesca!”
*
He shrugged. “Apparently, she wasn’t your
grandson’s choice.”
“Pour me a glass.” I said to Alfonso to calm my
nerves. I can’t believe that Marco blindsided me with
this one.
My husband laughed as he gave me the glass of
whiskey I’ve asked. “Maybe you fail your
matchmaking skill this time, my dear.”
“Oh, shut up!” I glared at him darkly, drinking the
fiery liquid in one gulp. “I will have Marco and
Francesca be married.”
“Easy…” Alfonso said with shocked in his face.
“That’s not water you are drinking. Its whiskey,
wife.”
“I will not back down easily.” I ignored him and walk
towards the window. Eyeing the progressing party
below. A calculated smile fitted my face when I saw
the Duke and Duchess of Caprielle finally arrived.
“Oh, there’s the duke and duchess.” I said moving
away from the window walking straight to the door,
my gown swish from the carpeted floor. “I better
greet them.”
Tatiana Cavelli’s POV
“Tatiana, we have a situation.” Claudia Orsini said as
soon as caught the sight of me. Lucca and I attended
the birthday celebration of Marco’s grandfather the
formidable Alfonso Orsini.
“Situation?” Lucca asked with a frowned looking at
me and then to Signora Claudia. “What kind of
situation?”
I laughed at the Signora and nod discreetly in Lucca’s
direction. Silently telling her that Lucca doesn’t have
any idea to our secret partnership.
It seemed that she get it immediately. “Oh, it’s
nothing, really. It’s just for another gown I will wear
later.” She lied smoothly. “Can I borrow the duchess
for awhile, Your Excellency?”
“Sure.” Lucca said but I could see in his eyes that he’s
still unconvinced by the alibi Marco’s grandmother
had provided.
“Excuse me, Your Excellency. Come, duchess.” The
Signora practically dragged across the picturesque
garden. “We have a situation.”
“What kind of situation?” I asked the elderly woman,
trying not to trip in the gown I wore. Besides, it so
difficult to walked with this heeled shoes.
“Look at that.” She gestured the striking couple near
the fountain talking to a group of people. “My worst
nightmare just comes to life.”
Oh my goodness… “Who is that girl on Marco’s
arms?” I whispered to the Orsini matriarch, looking
discreetly at the couple.
“My evil grandson introduced that girl to us awhile
ago as his fiancée, she’s Laila Fiorenza.”
“Fiancée?” I asked in bewilderment. “But I thought—”
The woman beside me snickered. “He blindsided me.
How could he do that to me? What about my plans?
The wedding invitations are almost done.”
“They are done?” I gaped openly at Signora Claudia
Orsini. She’s really a fast worker. So Marco and
Francesca’s wedding arrangement is already
completed. “What shall we do?”
I shrugged, eyeing the striking couple in the center of
the group. “Maybe Marco loves that girl, Signora.”
Claudia snorted waving her hand as if that’s the most
absurd thing she ever heard. “Look at the boy,
Tatiana. His eyes are lifeless and when you look at
them together they are so bland. No sparks, no
chemistry. Nothing. He is so different when he was
with Francesca’s his eyes sparks with fire in their
depth he is so alive. Francesca is his soulmate. I
knew it.”
*
Where’s Francesca, by the way?”
The elderly woman nodded in the far end of the
garden holding court of few handsome men. Clearly
they were flirting with her. “She hasn’t near to Marco
and his fiancée since she arrived. What shall we do,
Tatiana?” She asked in desperate tone. “Shall I fake a
heart attack and have my dying wish to see them
married before my demise?”
My eyebrows shot upward. “That’s quite a drama,
ma’am. And after the wedding ceremony will you
regain your health miraculously?”
“You got some point there.” Marco’s grandmother
admitted and thought for a moment. “Hmm…what
about locked them in a tower and refuse to let them
out until Francesca gave birth to their first child?”
I stared at her in horror. “That’s so medieval.”
Claudia groaned, starring helplessly in the couple
near the fountain and the woman at the far end of
the garden. “What shall we do? I could see my great-
grandchildren are slipping away from me. I am
expecting the first one to be born before the end of
this year.”
“Signora…”
The elderly woman’s eyes flashed with deviousness
in their profound again. “I know what we will do,
Tatiana.”
“You do?”
She merely smirked in my direction. I have the
feeling that we are going to trouble ourselves here.
“All we need to do is acquire few James Bond skills,
dear. We will spy that lady in Marco’s arms.”
“No, we are not…” I stared at her in disbelief.
“Yes, we are, duchess.” Claudia announced with
such conviction in her voice. Her outlook turned one
hundred eighty degrees in an instant. She became so
cheerful. “Come, duchess. It’s time introduce you to
his fiancée.”
Francesca Marcolini’s POV
I walked at the silent corridor of the manor of the
Orsini family praying that I can collide with a
housekeeper to ask for Signora Claudia’s bedroom. I
got a text message from Marco stating that his
Nonna was not feeling well and she’s alone in her
bedroom, mind if I check her for condition.
As much as I hated to admit but I must be practically
lost at this huge fortress. What shall I do? I look
around desperately.
I am now on the second floor frantically looking for
the right room. When suddenly in the silent hallway
a door unexpectedly open in my side and a pair of
large hands wrap around my waist and dragged me
inside the dark room.
I squealed but a strong hand clamped my mouth
tightly and pushed my back behind the hard wooden
door. My eyes widened when I saw blazing fury in
those pitch black eyes.
“Who the devil gave you permission to flirt with
another man?”
I stared at him in horror as he slowly released his
hand from my mouth. I took a deep measured
breath to calm my heart rate. “I don’t know what are
talking about, Marco.”
“You don’t know?” He asked we were only inch
apart. I could see the glittering dark fire in his eyes,
his strong legs practically crowding my thighs. “Are
you trying to make me jealous, darling?”
“What if I am?” I smiled mischievously in his
direction. I meant it as I joke but he took it seriously.
For now his eyes burn with desire.
“Fine, you win.”
I raised an eyebrow. “I win, how?”
“You really love it when I am mad with jealousy, isn’t
that right, darling?” He asked like a predator
conquering his prey. “Fine. I will show you how
jealous I am with those b------s who flirted with
you awhile ago.”
“What about your grandmother, Marco?” I said
breathlessly. “She’s—”
“So slow.” Marco said in dire amusement. “It was a
set-up, love. I concocted that tale so you can come
up here.”
I glared at him. “That’s horrible.”
“Whatever.” He retorted, looking deep in my eyes. “I
will teach you not to play with my jealousy,
Francesca. Or there’s hell to pay for it.”
“What are you trying to do?”
“You are mine, Francesca. Mine.” He announced
arrogantly like a king he thought he was. Before
stripping my gown off my body.
*
To be continued

No comments: