Wednesday 6 July 2016

THE BRIDE CHAPTER 18

THE BRIDE
Chapter 18

Make the most of the tonight and
worry about it all tomorrow.
-Unknown
Marco Orsini’s POV
I am patiently waiting for Francesca
in the receiving area of the
mansion owned by Nikos Pallis. I
glanced at my wristwatch we only
have ten minutes or else we’re
going to be late. I haven’t seen her
since I gave her my credit card after
our disastrous lunch in town.
“I’m ready.”
“About time—” I looked at the
grand staircase where Francesca
slowly descending, my eyes
narrowed like glacier ice. “—what
the bloody hell are you wearing?”
“Dinner dress.” The maddening
woman answered dryly, her eyes
sparked with defiance in their
depth. “You told me to find a gown
so we can go to the dinner party
thrown by the wealthy Russian
businessman.”
“But that d--n thing is immoral!” I
practically shouted. She was the
most aggravating woman I ever
met. I am starting to have
headache.
“Immoral?” She laughed
humorlessly as she now stood in
front of me. “I assure you, Signore.
This dress is tamer compared to
the dress your ex-mistress wore
over lunch.”
D--n right it is, I thought furiously.
She bought a cobalt long dress that
showed more skin than I like. The
dress shows each side of her waist
that accentuated her sexy figure
and her shapely legs. It also
studded with sequins at the center
that draw attention to her cleavage.
But the more damaging part of the
dress was the back. Dio! It was
bare down to the deep of her spine
you could see that she isn’t
wearing a bra. What madness had
possessed Francesca to wear this
evil dress?
She presented me my credit card
with a cat smile on her beautiful
face. “I have fun in shopping
awhile ago. Thank you.”
“Change.” I said abruptly.
“Pardon?”
“I said…” I took a deep breath,
soothing my anger. If I didn’t
tamed my fury some veins in my
head will explode. “…change your
vile dress. I don’t like it.”
“You don’t?” Francesca asked
innocently that I almost believed.
She made a slow twirl to give me
good view of her bare-back, her
rear mold perfectly at the fabric. My
hands itched to touch it. “But the
saleslady said it’s perfect for me.”
“The saleslady will say everything to
sell.” I reasoned out, glaring at her.
“Do you even wear underwear
underneath?”
She smiled provocatively. “Yes. A
thong.”
Heat flared inside me. I could
almost imagine it. Is it a silk or lace?
“Change…” I repeated my
command earlier removing the
e----c image from my brain.
“I can’t.” Her eyes twinkled with
laughter. “We’re almost late.
Besides, this is the only dress I
bought—apart from this pouch, a
couple of underwear, few day
clothes, sandals, heels, ladies bag
and sunglasses.”
I couldn’t believe what I am
hearing. “You brought an entire
ensemble yet you only bought one
disturbing dress?”
“I thought you will like it.” She
frowned, looking at her corrupt
dress. “I knew that women you
usually associated with wore dress
like this.”
“You are different.” I said irritably. I
am debating if I will cancel our trip
tonight. I officially had headache
thanks to her.
“Why?” She had the gut of asking.
If I didn’t know better I will think
she toying me.
When it comes to you…” I eyed her
sexy figure. “…everything should be
covered from shoulder to your
knees.”
“That’s old-fashioned.” Francesca
raised eyebrows upward. “I didn’t
know you are conservative, Marco.”
I looked away from her sharp eyes.
“I’m not.”
“Whatever you say.” She muttered
mischievously. “Are we going to
argue here more or get going?
We’re almost late.”
I took a deep breath. Praying to the
Almighty that he will give me
strength from preventing myself
from killing every man who will
look at this woman at the party.
“Move an inch from my side tonight
you will find yourself being thrown
in the water.”
The maddening woman merely
grinned in my direction.
You can survive this night, I told
myself confidently. I certainly hope
so.
I realized as soon as we boarded
the yacht that I am too optimistic
on our way here. The moment we
stepped at the deck all male eyes
fixed on Francesca. I want to do
something vicious. I never felt the
urged to kill every male species
before but I am sure as hell I want
to try it tonight.
Like the guy near the railing of the
yacht if he didn’t avert his gazed to
Francesca’s cleavage, I will throw
his worthless life to the sea so
sharks can devour him.
This is all Francesca’s fault. She
reduced me to be murderous
tonight. If she didn’t bought this
wicked dress I will not have this
dilemma. I tightened my gripped to
her bare waist. I will never release
her even an inch tonight.
I sighed silently. I am a modern
man as modern as any Italian men
would claim. Before I don’t care
what my mistresses would wear
during parties like this even if they
already half-naked but tonight
Francesca Marcolini forced me to
reevaluate myself. It seems that I
am not modern man as I like to
think.
I glanced at the woman in my arms.
I am again sorely tempted to offer
my dinner jacket to her but then
again, she will just accuse me of
being possessive to her. I just don’t
want every male inside this yacht
mentally undressing her.
I am not possessive man…
“Aren’t you enjoying the party?”
She dragged me out of my dark
thoughts. “You look like a man in
pain.”
“I am in pain.” I admitted, glaring at
her. This is her fault, I am now
starting feel fire in my g---n.
“Here,” She said wickedly, picking
two glass fluke of champagne to
the passing waiter. “You just need
a drink.”
“Aren’t you cold?” I asked, taking
her offered glass. I am not really
comfortable with her outfit. Once
we got home I will burn this dress.
“I’m fine.” Francesca answered, her
eyes glittered with rebelliousness.
She’s enjoying this thing more than
she should. I will make her pay for
this once we arrived at the
mansion. “The atmosphere here at
the deck is warm.”
“Orsini,” Our host greeted with
Anastasia on her arms. “I am so
glad you came.”
I frowned while I acknowledge
them. Looking at Anastasia now
she also wore show-stopping red
dress that revealed much cleavage
and the cut at the center deep
down to her navel. Her b----t
practically wants to pop-out. She’s
practically wanted to entice every
guy in this party. Francesca dress
looks tamer compared to her.
When we were together she always
wore dress like this to tempt me.
But I never felt jealous when other
men look at her. I smugly believed
that it was my privilege to bed any
woman I wanted. So why now
Francesca Marcolini wore a
revealing outfit I want to do
something violent to every guy who
will look at her?
Thank you for inviting us, sir.”
Francesca filled the silence.
It seems that the Russian man
hadn’t expected that Francesca will
talk to him firsthand. He might
think that she’s one of those
thickheaded beauties like the
woman in his arms.
“Of course,” Mikhail Voronov said
after awhile, he picked up
Francesca’s hand and kissed it. His
damned eyes stay at Francesca’s
cleavage longer than necessary.
“Beautiful lady.”
I am sorely tempted to slug this
b-----d but Francesca clamped the
back of my dinner jacket tightly
giving me a warning.
“Hello, Marco.” Anastasia said in a
low voice, her eyes glowed with
seduction.
Looking at her now, I wonder what
had I ever saw in her when I made
her my mistress for two months.
Thank God, I discarded her quickly.
She’s one of those gold-diggers
that hopped to a rich man one after
another.
If she thought that I will ask her to
be my mistress again she’s
deluding herself. I have enough
with the likes of her in my lifetime.
A dreamy song played on the
background. “Dance with me,
Marco.” Anastasia invited sexily.
“Good idea.” I said smiling at her
direction, she beams back. “Let’s
dance.” I looked down at
Francesca. “Come, darling. I want a
dance from my fiancée.”
The look on Anastasia’s face was
priceless I suddenly want to laugh
as I drew the widow in my arms
for a dance.
“What are you doing?” Francesca
hissed, when we joined the other
guest for a dance. I wickedly drew
her as closer as possible to my
body. My hips to her pelvic, my
chest to her soft b-----s our lips
where only inch apart. I could feel
the heat of her body.
“Dancing,” I replied silkily, trapping
her to my body when she tried to
give distance to us. I placed my
hand into her bare spine. “What did
I told you about you moving an
inch to my side?”
“You are being ridiculous.” Her eyes
snapped with fire. “You are giving
these people something to talk
about.”
I gave her my most charming smile.
“Not a bad idea.” I whispered
softly. “Let’s give them some
decadent scene that they will
gossip about.”
I crushed my mouth to her sweet
lips and kissed her hard and deeply
in the middle of the dance floor.
She is mine, I thought silently while
kissing her senseless. Wordlessly
telling this crowd about my stake
claim to this woman. I will not let
anyone have her.
  To be continued

No comments: