Wednesday 6 July 2016

THE BRIDE CHAPTER 16

THE BRIDE
Chapter 16

You only need a few people to
effect a kidnapping.
-Robert Bourassa
Marco Orsini’s POV
“Marco! Per favore…Marco. Put me
down.”
I ignored the woman in my arms as
I walked towards the lobby where
my car was waiting. I disregarded
the curious stares being thrown in
our direction by the people inside
the lobby. We played this stunt not
so long ago. I am used to it.
“Marco…” Francesca almost
begged. “Put me down. Do not
embarrass ourselves like this.”
I deposited her in the passenger
seat of my Ferrari. She glared at me
with such fervor. Oh, how beautiful
she was when she’s maddeningly
angry with me.
“You are certified a crazy person.”
She informed me, opening the
door. “Matteo is on his way here. I
need to give him a tour around the
city. I promised your grandmother.”
I placed both of my hands in the
car’s door to prevent her from
going out. I grinned at her lovely
face. I want to kissed her senseless
this broad day light. “Matteo can
tour himself around the city
without your help, darling.”
“Marco!” My Francesca warned, her
eyes snapped with fire.
“That has no effect on me, love.” I
told her playfully as I went around
to the driver’s seat. “I am abducting
you.”
“Are you out of your mind?” The ice
queen asked disbelievingly. “What
the hell are you talking about?”
I pulled out my sunglasses and
wore it to conceal my eyes from the
sun. “Ah, my straight-lace teacher
finally swore out loud.”
“Marco…” Francesca warned again
as we joined in the traffic of Rome.
“Stop this car now. What will your
Nonna will say if she heard about
this stunt you pulled in again?”
“Ah, yes Nonna.” I pulled out my
mobile phone and dialed my
grandmother’s number. A few rings
later my sly grandmother sounded
on the other line. “Nonna, it’s me,
Marco.” I looked briefly at the
woman in my side that was glaring
at me insolently. “I just want to tell
you that Francesca wouldn’t be able
to tour Matteo to the city, after all.
Why? Because she—ah, she has
diarrhea.”
I place back my mobile phone
inside my pocket when I felt a
sudden pain in my arms.
“Diarrhea?” She asked indecorously
punching my arms repeatedly. For a
petite woman like her she has a
strong punched. “I don’t have
diarrhea, you moron.”
“Stop it, woman.” I said, defending
myself from the onslaughts. Dio,
such a wild cat. “Do you want us to
have a freak accident on the road?”
“Why did you lie to your
grandmother?” Francesca asked
when she stopped hitting me. “And
where the heck are we going?”
I shrugged as I fixed my eyes again
on the road. “You’ll love it there,
sweetheart.”
“Stop calling me that.” She said
vehemently, her eyes filled with
fury.
I frowned at her briefly. “You don’t
want ‘sweetheart’ as endearment?
What do you like? Perhaps, ‘darling’
suits you better?”
I heard her visibly took a deep
breath. “Marco…”
“Yes, darling?” I raised an eyebrow
to her direction. I held back my
laughed when I saw her reaction.
Annoying Francesca Marcolini was
really my favorite past time.
“I’m starting to have a migraine
just talking to you.” The pretty
widow muttered to herself,
rubbing her forehead.....

No comments: