Thursday 7 July 2016

THE BRIDE (FINAL EPISODE)

The Bride
Extra Chapter

You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to
you, as you are to them.
-Desmond Tutu
Marco Orsini’s POV
“Marco Orsini!” The blood-curdling warning from my
wife as she writhed in pain in the delivery room in a
private hospital in Rome made me cringed. She’s
about to deliver our baby girl. Francesca breathed
frantically. “I—I swear I will not let you near my bed
again…!”
“Breathe mia moglie…” I instructed her as they
thought us in the birthing class we attended before.
“Breathe…”
She glared at me insolently, snatching her hand in
mine. Her forehead soaked with sweat. “Don’t
instruct me what do to…when…when you don’t
know what I feel…”
I sighed deeply and let go of her snappy tone. I
should have expected her wrath because of the fact
that she’s suffering to such pain because I made her
pregnant. “Mia moglie…”
“Marco…when I am done here I will kill you!” She
shouted at the top of her lungs and clutched my
hand tightly as another contraction hit her. I swear I
will not touch her again—okay, scratch that I will use
protection from now on when I made love to her in
the future.
“You can do it, my darling.” I reassured her while I,
myself tried to be strong when anxiety eating me
alive seeing my wife suffered from such pain.
“Easy for you to say that!” She breathed deeply, her
eyes snapped with fire. Did she knew how achingly
beautiful when she’s mad? “You are not in my
position!”
I groaned silently as I kissed her hand. “I will trade
everything I have to exchange in your position,
Francesca.”
“Focus, Signora Orsini.” The obstetrician who
performed the birthing said. “Your child is almost
here. Focus and continue to push.”
Francesca did as she told. For the next excruciating
minutes I witness my wife helplessly as she writhe
with pain and deliver our child in this world. I never
thought that I will love a human being as much as I
love her.
My soulmate.
“Almost there.” The OB had said. “One more hard
push, Signora.”
“Push, my love. Come on, you can do it.” I
encouraged as I gripped her hands tightly. I swear I
will never put her again in this kind of pain again.
After Francesca pushed with all she might a howling
from a baby sounded in the delivery room. My heart
melted at the sight of my daughter. And for the
second time around I realize that I fall in love again.
“Please cut the cord, Signore Orsini.” The OB had
said with a strange smile on her face. With shaking
hands I took the offered sterilize scissors from her
hand and cut the cord. It was a bizarre experience it
made see a new dimension of life.
“Is my baby okay?” Francesca asked breathlessly
from the bed. She was still soaked wet with
perspiration.
“She’s perfect, mia moglie.” I told her with a mist in
my eyes. Francesca was great too by giving me a
daughter to love and cherish as long as live. I kissed
her forehead affectionately while the nurse placed our
daughter in my wife’s chest. “Thank you for giving
me a beautiful daughter, my love.”
“I love you,” Francesca whispered weakly with a
smile.
“I love you more, darling.” I answered back her
smile and kissed her on the lips.
*
*
The next morning…
Francesca was now settled in her suite room in a
private hospital here in Rome. I still could see the
exhaustion in her lovely face but she reassured me
that she’s perfectly fine. I couldn’t remove my eyes
from our little angel in my arms.
She’s so beautiful like her mother. I frowned slightly
studying our daughter in my arms. “What kind of
genetic distribution is this? I expect fifty-fifty from her
appearance.”
My wife smile softly. “Maybe our next baby will have
your price features, Signore Orsini.”
I looked at the seriously. “I’ll settle for having an only
child. I don’t want to put you again with the pain
you’ve suffered in your labor.”
“It wasn’t that bad.”
“But—”
“Surprise!” Nonno and Nonna said in unison as they
entered the room without as much a knocked.
“Oh, is that my great-granddaughter in your arms,
figlio?” Nonna asked with a delight in her eyes as she
approached. “Let me hold your little angel.”
Before I could say anything our daughter was
snatched in my arms by my grandmother. “Look
how pretty she is, Alfonso. She looks like me.”
“No.” Grandfather contradicted as he scowled his
wife. “She looks like me.”
I rolled my eyes and looked at my wife as her eyes
twinkled with delight. Really, my grandparents have
vivid imagination. “How come my daughter will
resemble with you when she’s the mirror image of
her mother?”
“Can’t you see?” My grandmother asked at me. “She
has my eyes and nose. She looks like me when I am
at her age.”
I was about the retort my Nonna when Francesca
slightly shook her head. I took a deep breathed and
muttered. “Whatever you say, Nonna.”
“Have you chosen a name for her?” Nonno asked still
looking the addition to the Orsini dynasty.
“Audrianna.”
“Beautiful name,” Nonna commented her eyes still
fixed on our daughter in her arms. “I hope the next
one is boy so he can inherit the vineyard. I hate to
see Audrianna grow up alone.”
I looked at my wife with a silent groaned. Francesca
just gave birth and now my grandmother is already
hinting for a baby boy. I will think about that matter
in the future. For now I will just focus on my wife
and my daughter and the start of our family
together.

THE END

...........................................................................

Thanks for reading this story.

Your comments are welcome

No comments: