Tuesday 5 July 2016

THE BRIDE CHAPTER 9

THE BRIDE
chapter 9

The prince never failed to show off
his wealth with his current
mistress.
“Excuse us, will you?” The prince
had inquired. “I have other guests
to look after.”
“Of course, sir.” Francesca replied
with a grateful smile.
Once the old fat prince and his
mistress left us Francesca scowled
at me. “That’s rude.”
“I, rude?” I repeated, not following
why she’s suddenly mad at me. “I
don’t think so.”
“Yes, you are.” Francesca insisted.
“You are rude to our host.”
“I don’t know what are you talking
about, mia bella. I suggest not to
accused me again or you will not
like what I will do to you.”
Francesca’s eyebrow snapped with
anger. “What will you do?”
I advanced again to her.
“Something like…kissing you?”
The look on her face was priceless.
Alfonso Orsini’s POV
“…oh, really? That’s good news. All
right, thank you for telling me.
Ciao.”
My wife’s cheerful voice as she
answered a phone call broke into
the library. While I continue to read
the local newspaper I couldn’t help
to wonder who had just call to
have my lovely wife to beam happily
after ending the phone call.
“Oh, Alfonso.” My wife had said.
“You won’t believe you just called
and deliver happy news.”
“Who was it?” I tried to remain not
too interested to the information as
I let my gazed to remain on the
newspaper. “Your spy, I presume.”
“Spy?” She asked innocently. “Why
would I need a spy? It’s Anna.”
“Oh? What does she wants?” Anna
Bellini was probably the best friend
of my dear wife and to think that
she just called, she probably shared
some gossip to Claudia Orsini.
“She told me that she just attended
the luncheon prince Vittorio
Agostini just threw in his palatial
home.”
“And…” Oh, come on, mia moglie. I
told my wife silently. Can’t she see
that she’s killing me with the
suspense?
My wife couldn’t contain her tears
of joy. What could possibly the
news she heard? “Anna just told
me that our dear Marco showed up
with a beautiful woman in his
arms.” Claudia dried her eyes with
her handkerchief. What a fine
actress that she was. “I knew it.
They’re perfect for each other.”
I lowered the newspaper I’ve been
reading. “Who are you talking
about?” I asked my wife in
confusion. “Who were perfect for
each other?”
The fearsome Claudia Orsini eyed
me as if I am mentally handicap
man. “Really, Alfonso? Really? Have
you lost your brain somewhere,
dear?”
I frowned at the beautiful woman
stood in front of me with such
sharp tongue. She’s the only person
on earth who didn’t fear at the
head of Orsini Industries. “If you
could just explain to me who were
you talking about, my dear? I think
I will understand.”
She expelled a heavy breath. “I’m
talking about our Marco and his
pretty Francesca, you imbecile.”
Imbecile. My lovely just called me
imbecile. And I would like to ask
her since when did Francesca
belong to Marco? I’m sure the lady
will have a thing or two to say in
that matter.
“How did you know that Marco’s
date was Francesca?” I asked as I
resume my reading.
*
“Simple.” She answered haughtily
as she poured herself a cup of tea.
“I asked Anna if there’s any chance
that the woman with Marco was
brunette with pretty hazel eyes.”
“And Anna said…”
“Absolutely!” Claudia sipped her
favored tea. “She also told me that
our Marco is smitten to the lady.”
I hide my smile to the newspaper
I’ve been reading. “Oh, really?”
“Yes.” My wife replied placing the
saucer cup on the table and walks
toward the window and stared
outside. “All I need to do is set my
plan into motion.”
Uh-oh. Run, Marco. Run. And when I
say run, my dear boy. Run as fast as
you can. Because when your nonna
caught you there will be wedding.
You and your lady friend will play
the central characters.
All I need to do is sit back and
watch my wife works her scheme
and see what will happen.
The sun here in Italy never shines
this bright not until this afternoon.
Francesca Marcolini’s POV
“Goodnight, Francesca.”
That deep dark sexy voice haunted
me all the way from my penthouse.
He just dropped me in front of my
penthouse building and whispered
those sinfully sexy words. Ever
since the last kissed that he stole
from me in his grandparent’s
vineyard I avoided him like plague.
For weeks I managed to avoid him
not until I saw this opportunity to
search for his bride again in the
luncheon given by the wealthy
prince. As usual, his predatory
manner kept my guard up.
I don’t like the way his eyes gazed
at me it keeps my heart thundering
in my chest. It’s so disturbing to
think that my nemesis can manage
to do that.
My mobile phone rang. I picked it
up to look at the screen. A smile
fitted my lips.
“Tatiana!”
“Sorry to disturbed you Francesca
but I am in dilemma.” Tatiana’s
worried voice sounded on the
other line.
“What’s the matter, dear?” I asked,
as alarm sneak in my spine. “Is it
about the twins? Are you okay?”
A laughed escape Tatiana. “Oh, no.
Francesca. We’re all fine.”
“Thank goodness.”
“Francesca, dear?” Tatiana inquired
on the other line. “How far you can
help your friend in her dilemma?”
“Of course. I will help you with
anything Tatiana, just tell me.” I told
her as I started to change my
clothes.
“Really?” A grateful voice sounded
on the other line. “Actually, I need a
favor. Please meet me tomorrow if
you are not busy. Thank you very
much in advance Francesca. You
are really an angel to me.”
When I ended the phone call why
do I have a feeling that I might get
into trouble for this favor?

To be continued

No comments: